- dtac TURBO users can now enjoy faster internet speeds and improved mobile broadband experience
- dtac TURBO's 4G TDD deployment is underpinned by Nokia AirScale platform, paving the way for 5G
12 July 2018
Bangkok, Thailand - Nokia and dtac are deploying the first commercial 4G TDD network in Thailand. Once completed, dtac TURBO users on the 2300 MHz spectrum operated in cooperation with TOT will enjoy superior mobile broadband speeds. dtac TURBO will allow faster uploading and downloading of high-definition content, more stable live video streaming to enable remote healthcare and education, and high-bandwidth applications such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
Network capacity will improve for all dtac customers as dtac deploys the 4G TDD network on TOT's 2300MHz spectrum. 4G TDD is a high-performance, cost-effective technology that offers faster internet speeds and a more stable experience when surfing the internet, watching videos and using social networks. It will put dtac on an evolutionary path to 5G, with its use of techniques such as massive MIMO, beamforming and the deployment of the Nokia AirScale platform. dtac's subscribers will be able to enjoy higher throughput using a combination of advanced techniques, namely 3CC Carrier Aggregation, 256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO.
The network is being deployed in the Northeast, North and South of Thailand, including major provinces such as Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
As part of the 4G TDD network deployment, Nokia will provide its Nokia AirScale radios, AirScale System Modules, AirScale Active Antennas and NetAct. Nokia's AirScale technology will be used to prepare for 5G.
Mr. Prathet Tankuranun, Chief Technology Officer, Total Access Communication PLC. or dtac, said: "dtac TURBO on TOT's 2300MHz spectrum is committed to using the best possible technology. 4G TDD provides the highest quality of service to our customers. Nokia, one of dtac strategic partners, will provide the latest generation Radio Access Network solutions and services to help dtac cater to the growing demand for high-speed mobile broadband while driving our evolution to 5G forward. Our customers on dtac TURBO will love the new experience: a more advanced mobile network with more capacity for a smoother experience."
Sébastien Laurent, head of Nokia Thailand, said: "Nokia is honored and thankful for being selected by dtac to deliver our award-winning Radio Access Network solutions in three regions of Thailand. Our teams strive to deliver solutions and services providing faster mobile broadband experience to dtac's customers, as well as pave way for network evolution to 5G."
Technology to be used for the deployment:
- Nokia's AirScale enables service providers to add agility and flexibility to the network and accelerates their journey towards 5G.
- AirScale massive MIMO Adaptive Antenna, to deliver up to five times more network capacity, high peak downlink throughput, significantly improved uplink, and greater coverage
- The 4-transmit-4-receiver (4T4R) is wireless MIMO technology which doubles the number of antennas for enhanced coverage and improved maximum downlink data rates.
- Nokia NetAct virtualized network management software will provide robust capabilities for troubleshooting, assurance, administration, software management and configuration.
- Press Release: Nokia announces AirScale-powered 4.5G Pro and 4.9G to establish smooth path for operators to 5G
- Web page: Unleashing the potential of 5G
- Web page: Nokia AirScale Radio Access
- Web page: The path to 5G with 4.5G Pro for a superior experience
- Web page: Nokia TD-LTE
- Web page: Nokia NetAct
Connect with Nokia
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
Total Access Communication PLC or dtac is a leading mobile operator in Thailand, providing 4G, 3G, and 2G services to over 21 million subscribers. Through its highly-advanced digitalization initiatives, dtac (Stock Exchange of Thailand symbol: DTAC) is committed to continually improving its mobile services, connecting its customers to what matters most, and empowering society. www.dtac.co.th.
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Nokia APAC Media Relations
Phone: +852 9747 5873
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900