5529 Inventory data manager
Quick-and-easy inventory reports for the entire network or a specific part.
The Nokia 5529 Inventory Data Manager (IDM) is an advanced inventory-management application that provides a centralized repository of network information. It enables quick-and-easy inventory reports to be run on the entire network or a specific part of the network. The inventory reports cover all important aspects, from details about equipment configuration to the status of individual circuits.
The 5529 IDM northbound interface is based on the widely accepted XML/Service Oriented Access Protocol (SOAP) Web service standard, and network element (NE) information is reported using the TM Forum Multi-Technology Operations System Interface (MTOSI) v1.1 standard. The 5529 IDM simplifies inventory information collection and reporting and Operations Support System (OSS) integration. This results in reduced OSS integration cost and complexity, as well as accelerated time-to-market when introducing new NEs.
The 5529 IDM is an enhanced application that is part of the broader access management portfolio, including the 5520 Access Management system (AMS) and the 5529 family of products.
Benefits and features
Time-saving GUI and centralized repository
- Integrated GUI with the 5520 Access Management System (AMS) to specify complex filters, view results, and seamlessly integrate element management functions
- Centralized inventory repository kept up-to-date with real-time NE updates
- Rapid navigation from report results to objects in the 5520 AMS GUI
Comprehensive reporting capabilities
- Selection of report-result entries to perform multiple edits in one operation
- Export of report results to a comma separated value (CSV) file
- Viewing of online/offline NE information with the inventory browser
Universal interfaces and protocols
- Northbound interface based on XML/SOAP technology
- Harmonized object format based on TM Forum MTOSI, Release 1.1 standard
Scaleability and efficiency
Provides unparalleled scalability, leveraging the 5520 AMS EMS cluster architecture
Preserves network resources for service delivery, minimizing NE load with efficient data-collection algorithms
Improves operator efficiency with timely, accurate network information
Easy access to actionable data
Facilitates the rapid introduction of new NEs, line cards, software and services by equipping network planners with up-to-date planning information
Provides data critical for troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
Protects the OSS layer and reduces costs
- Shields the OSS layer from NE interface changes (Transaction Language 1 [TL1], command-line interface [CLI] with standard OSS interfaces and consistent NE object information
- Reduces the time and cost of integration for OSS inventory management applications, freeing up resources for more strategic investments
Realated solutions and products
Altiplano Open Access
The solution of choice for digital infrastructure builders and broadband wholesalers
Multivendor ONU Connect
Remove one of the biggest headaches in every PON network: ONU interoperability.
Software-Defined Access Networks
Master your broadband complexity
5529 OSS Alarm Dispatcher
Integrate alarm flows with client operations support system (OSS) applications
5529 Statistics and Data Collector
Collect data, statistics, and performance information from access network elements.
Altiplano Access Controller
Analytics and automation for your broadband network
2 Dec 2022