5529 OSS alarm dispatcher
Integrate alarm flows with client operations support system (OSS) applications
The Nokia 5529 OSS Alarm Dispatcher (OAD) is an advanced alarm-dispatching application that facilitates the integration of alarm flows with client Operations Support System (OSS) applications. The 5529 OSS OAD integrates on top of the access element management system (EMS), from which it retrieves alarm and state information.
Alarms are aggregated and formatted, then dispatched in real time or batch mode to the appropriate client OSS applications. The northbound interface of the 5529 OSS OAD is based on the widely accepted Web service standard (XML/Simple Object Access Protocol [SOAP]), and alarms are formatted according to the TM Forum Multi-Technology Operations System Interface (MTOSI) standard.
The 5529 OSS OAD is an enhanced application that is part of the broader Nokia access management portfolio, including the 5520 Access Management system (AMS) and the 5529 family of products.
Benefits and features
Real time dispatching and forwarding of alarms
- Northbound interface based on XML/SOAP technology
- Dispatching of alarms in real time to multiple OSS applications
- Forwarding of alarms raised by the 5520 Access Management System (AMS)
Programmable alarm functions
- Selective alarm dispatching based on filtering and subscription mechanisms
- OSS alarm retrieval and synchronization
- Harmonized alarm formats based on MTOSI, Release 1.1
Alarm support and forwarding
- Alarm-acknowledgment support
- Optional forwarding of alarms as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps
Simplified and future-ready
Provides an extensive simplified alarm-collection and aggregation architecture
Enables a future-ready solution based on standard OSS interface and alarm formats
Reduces costs and speeds time-to-market
Significantly reduces costs for the integration of fault-management OSS applications
Speeds time-to-market for new services
- Simplifies alarm collection, aggregation, and dispatching to OSS
Related solutions and products
Altiplano Open Access
The solution of choice for digital infrastructure builders and broadband wholesalers
Multivendor ONU Connect
Remove one of the biggest headaches in every PON network: ONU interoperability.
Software-Defined Access Networks
Master your broadband complexity
5529 Inventory Data Manager
Quick-and-easy inventory reports for the entire network or a specific part.
5529 Statistics and Data Collector
Collect data, statistics, and performance information from access network elements.
Altiplano Access Controller
Analytics and automation for your broadband network
2 Dec 2022