Use G.fast to bring fiber broadband services to all homes in MDUs and other buildings
Gigabit Connect simplifies fiber broadband deployments in MDUs with G.fast
Broadband operators around the world are heavily investing in gigabit-capable fiber networks. Your preferred deployment model is to bring fiber to each and every home.
However, it is often a challenge to bring fiber all the way to apartments in residential buildings. Difficulties with legal or permit issues, or even cable routing, can frustrate full access to the building.
G.fast solves these problems: you just terminate your fiber in a central location in the building and then use G.fast over any existing coaxial or twisted pair cable to bring gigabit speeds to every home.
Nokia’s Gigabit Connect solution makes G.fast deployments super-easy. It builds on G.fast capabilities but hides any complexity by treating a G.fast endpoint exactly the same as a fiber endpoint under a single pane of glass management interface. This is especially important if you specialize in fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and might not have the expertise, resources, or desire to manage copper twisted pair technologies.
Gigabit Connect is totally transparent for you as a fiber operator. G.fast users can be added with zero impact on network management and zero impact on existing FTTH services.
Gigabit Connect is also transparent for your customers: it gives them the same gigabit speeds and low-latency experience as full FTTH customers.
Benefits and features
Transparency for the customer
- Gigabit Connect provides the same fiber service experience on FTTH and G.fast.
- MDU users get the same gigabit downlink and uplink speeds on all lines.
- Sub-millisecond average latency on all lines delivers a superior broadband experience.
Transparency for the operator
- Manage all lines as FTTH connections.
- Use your existing AMS platform, manage G.fast DPUs as fiber multiport ONUs.
- Or use your Altiplano SDN platform: both enable unified, transparent management for G.fast and fiber lines.
- Gigabit Connect works on all types of cable as the last leg: twisted pair or coax.
- No DSL experience needed: DPUs come pre-configured.
- Use flexible powering for G.fast DPUs: AC or reverse power feeding (RPF).
- Connect like a ‘black box’ ONU with Ethernet ports in every home: easy and quick deployment with zero touch provisioning.
Nokia: best in class G.fast portfolio
- A complete end-to-end portfolio: PON OLT, sealed or modular G.fast access equipment and CPE.
- Best G.fast 212 MHz performance on all DPUs and CPEs with enhanced cDTA.
- Best efficiency of reverse power feeding (RPF).
- Superior vectoring for stable and high-performance noise cancellation, and highest scaling in the industry with the Quillion chipset.
Altiplano Access Controller
Analytics and automation for your broadband network
Address the unique in-home requirements of high capacity access standards, such as G.fast and VDSL2
Next-generation programmable G.fast micronodes
Learn more about gigabit fiber
Let there be Light! - Keynote speech Network-X 2023
Google Fiber for broadband with Nokia 25G PON
Making neutral host broadband wholesaling as easy as ATC
U.S. government broadband funding opportunities
Why XGS-PON? - An overview of the business opportunities
Nokia and SRT - Working together to connect North Dakotans to their broadband future
Not just future-proofing: why and where 25GS-PON makes commercial sense now
Why 25G PON is right for the 10G era
17 Aug 2023
Nokia expands network-in-a-box program to speed up and simplify broadband network builds and BEAD projects
16 Aug 2023
Nokia expands manufacturing in U.S. to fiber broadband optical modules for Department of Commerce BEAD program
14 Apr 2023
Nokia deploys multi-gig fiber broadband for Valoo in Finland
4 Oct 2022
Nokia and Nextlink Internet roll out multi-gig broadband in 12 US states
28 Jul 2022
Nokia and SINET deploy Cambodia's first XGS-PON enabled high-speed network for enterprises
25 Jul 2022
Nokia and CityFibre sign 10 year agreement to build 10Gb/second UK broadband network
25 Jul 2022
Nokia brings future-proof fiber solution to cable operators with launch of new Lightspan SF-8M sealed remote node
14 Jun 2022
Nokia to help Wire 3 accelerate 10G broadband network build in Florida
13 Jun 2022
Nokia launches a network-in-a-box program for rural broadband builders
13 Jun 2022
Nokia helps Metronet future-proof its fiber network for multi-gig residential and commercial services
13 Jun 2022
Nokia showcases first 100Gb/second fiber broadband technology in the US
24 May 2022
Nokia announces shipment of 1.5 millionth Quillion-powered PON port for broadband fiber nodes
26 Apr 2022
Nokia next-gen PON solution powers fiber optic network in Lucerne
10 Mar 2022
Nokia and Hrvatski Telekom conduct first 25G PON fiber broadband trial in Croatia
16 Dec 2021
Nokia launches Gigabit Connect to simplify gigabit broadband installation in apartment blocks
2 Feb 2021
Nokia and Vodafone showcase record-breaking 100 gigabit fiber broadband
23 Oct 2020
Nokia delivers five-fold speed boost for NetCologne’s broadband network
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...