Next-generation programmable G.fast micronodes
Lightspan SX and DX are second generation G.fast distribution point units (DPUs) designed to complement fiber deployments and provide fiber-like services to customers in multi-dwelling unit (MDU) buildings.
Lightspan SX DPUs are sealed units for harsh outside plant environments or for deployment in MDUs without a dedicated location for telecommunications equipment. Rack mountable Lightspan DX DPUs are ideal for MDUs where rack space is available. As part of the Nokia Lightspan family of access nodes, Lightspan SX and DX micronodes support open standard management models with NETCONF/YANG.
With Zero Touch Provisioning, operators can increase the speed of deployment by 50% over traditional approaches. In cases where a reverse power feed (RPF) is required, persistent management of all network elements at once - whether online or offline - is supported.
Lightspan SX-16F AC/RPF
Lightspan SX-16F AC
Benefits and features
- Full suite of MDU G.fast access module types and Nokia G.fast 212 MHz CPE
- Unified management as Lightspan SX /DX G.fast DPUs become integral part of the PON infrastructure
- GPON operational model for both legacy and SDAN environments
- Open and programmable interfaces and standard device models (NETCONF/YANG)
- Flexible, fast and easy deployment with Zero Touch Provisioning
Any deployment scenario
- SX: sealed DPU for deployments in the outside plant or in MDU basement
- DX: rack mounted DPU
- 4-8-16 port options
- G.fast profile: up to 212 MHz with fallback to VDSL2
- Local AC or reverse powering (RPF)
- Any cable type: twisted pair or coaxial
- GPON, XGS-PON or Ethernet point-to-point uplink options
- Fiber-like services anywhere in the network where fiber deployment is difficult
- GPON quality of experience for customers
- Gigabit downstream and upstream
- Low latency
- Best-in-class performance and maximum stability from the vectoring market leader
Related solutions and products
Use G.fast to bring fiber broadband services to all homes in MDUs and other buildings
Software-Defined Access Networks
Automate more, innovate faster
Altiplano Access Controller
Analytics and automation for your broadband network
Address the unique in-home requirements of high capacity access standards, such as G.fast and VDSL2
Lightspan DF Fiber Access Nodes
Small access nodes for multi-Gigabit broadband
Nokia Access Management System (AMS)
For monitoring, troubleshooting and provisioning your broadband network
Learn more about G.fast
Achieving full Gigabit FTTH coverage with G.fast
G.fast for MDUs: I can’t believe it’s not fiber!
G.fast for gigabit speeds in MDUs - ETSI
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...