Faster, smarter response for public safetyContact us
Nokia helps public safety agencies use broadband networks and digital technologies to improve the effectiveness of first responders, address threats proactively and make faster, more informed decisions.
Bring new levels of intelligence, responsiveness and efficiency to your public safety operations. We can help you deploy advanced command centers that use sensors, cameras, drones, advanced monitoring and analytics to enhance situational awareness and improve coordination among response teams, medical facilities and citizens.
Nokia Bell Labs Future X for industries architecture
The Future X architecture harnesses technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things, edge computing, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and high-performance networking — including 5G — to drive dramatic productivity improvements across a wide range of industrial sectors.
With the Future X architecture for public safety, you can provide access to real-time information and improve safety, response and security for everyone:
- Connect people, sensors, vehicles, video cameras, monitors and digital signs with the highest security and reliability
- Empower response teams by bringing instant broadband connectivity to any location, even the harshest environments
- Increase network capacity where it’s needed to respond to emergencies, events, gatherings, unexpected crowds or traffic congestion
- Get the performance and ultra-low latencies you need for drones, security robots and other automated tools
- Use data from sensors and devices to build a more informed, more predictive approach to public safety
Discover our solutions for public safety
- Integrated Operations Center
Improve situational awareness and enable multi-agency cooperation with our next-generation control room solution
- Scene analytics
Optimize site surveillance and security with real-time video analytics that detect problems and anomalous activities
- Device Software Customization
Give first responders smart devices with Android firmware tailor-made for their operational needs
Articles and blogs
- The base for dependable NG9-1-1 calls: A resilient ESInet
- The evolution of public safety emergency call services [and how to roll them out]
- How “Total Conversation” emergency calls can make the public safer
- Using private LTE to create smarter cities
- Going beyond mission critical
- Public safety communications: should commercial mobile network operators embrace the potential?
- Spectrum? Budget? Top 4 picks for public safety LTE networks
- Is a compelling event needed to launch LTE for public safety?