Mission-Critical Broadband for Public Safety
Outperform your objectives with mission-critical broadband
In many countries, first responder agencies mostly rely on dedicated land mobile radio (LMR) networks for their communications. While robust and proven, these public safety technologies are limited to critical voice and low-speed data services. They aren't able to support the next-generation of data-intensive digital applications. That makes upgrading them now a priority.
You can transform your public safety communications with the adoption of LTE and then 5G mobile broadband technologies. These include public safety LTE, mission-critical LTE and air-to-ground LTE. Such mission-critical public safety systems enable fast and reliable broadband data. They include interoperable, real-time video, data and voice services that enable all parties to cross-communicate fast and efficiently. These benefits create new possibilities for the public safety community:
- Full remote access to your office environment so you can spend more time in the field for day-to-day operations
- Enhanced situational awareness by accessing and sharing real-time multimedia insights
- True interoperability among multiple public safety agencies
- Access to new tools such as drones, robots or augmented reality goggles to assist first responders in case of emergency
How do you modernize public safety systems with LTE or 5G terrestrial networks?
Begin by defining your deployment model, based on your needs, assets and capabilities. Consider the model best for your situation and goals:
- Dedicated private network
- Shared network or secure mobile virtual network operator (S-MVNO)
- Hybrid networks (combining shared and dedicated networks)
The journey to 5G for public safety
- Build a future-proof and secure mission-critical broadband network that is standards-based, has a clear path to 5G and leverages a well-established ecosystem
- Understand the technology’s crucial advantages
- See the big picture with a roadmap of what the 5G releases offer
- Discover how 5G capabilities can benefit public safety agencies
- Focus on five areas where 5G can boost the power of 4G applications
- Know the key considerations when deploying this new technology
Discover the mobile broadband advantage for public safety
Whatever your situation,deploying mission-critical broadband networks for public safety is a broad, multi-dimensional project. It has implications well beyond the technology itself. As a public safety operator, it will require you to address these key considerations when defining your project:
- Solutions to maximize network coverage
- Built-in network resilience
- Prioritization mechanism in case of a shared model
- Management of the transition phase where both the new mobile broadband and legacy narrowband networks will co-exist. This is particularly important for MCPTx and legacy LMR/PMR interworking.
- Cybersecurity strategies to protect your network from cyber-attacks
- Solutions to interconnect low-altitude aircraft and teams on the field
- Network scalability and evolution toward 5G
To simplify your journey, we offer the full scope of public safety solutions and services:
- Terrestrial LTE and 5G public safety networks for multiple deployment models.
- Air-to-ground LTE networks for public safety
- Mission-critical transport network
- Group communication
- Nokia industrial devices
Our Nokia Bell Labs consulting arm can help public safety operators assess different options and define the high-level requirements for their project.
Nokia is an active member of The Critical Communications Association (TCCA), which includes governments, industrial players and service providers. All work together to drive the global development and promotion of open, standard critical communications solutions for public safety and other professional users.
18 Oct 2023 - 19 Oct 2023
Nokia at Comms Connect Melbourne 2023
10 Oct 2023 - 24 Oct 2023
Cybersecurity Chronicles webinar series 2023
23 May 2023 - 25 May 2023
Nokia at Critical Communications World 2023
18 Oct 2022 - 20 Oct 2022
Comms Connect 2022
7 Aug 2022 - 10 Aug 2022
21 Jun 2022 - 23 Jun 2022
Critical Communications World 2022 in Messe Wien, Vienna, Austria
24 May 2022 - 26 May 2022
Milipol Qatar 2022 – International Event for Homeland Security & Civil Defence 14th edition
Innovation and engagement at CCW 2023
Nokia Mission-critical Networking
Packet backhauling for Public Safety: a German case
Programmable backhaul has first responders’ backs
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...