Future X cities
Connect your city to its future
Smart cities offer the promise of greener, prosperous, more livable communities for all of their citizens.
Many cities, who are in the midst of their smart city transformation, are realizing that to capture the full benefits of their initiatives, a new and more cohesive approach is needed.
Robust, proven technologies like 5G, Industrial IOT and machine learning allow for the creation of intelligent and integrated city platforms that can provide a foundation for true city innovation. With the Nokia Bell Labs Future X architecture for Smart cities, communities can benefit from a high-performance network foundation and robust city-grade platforms to bring together the intelligence within their smart city applications and services to fuel the continued economic and social growth of their city.
Our solutions help you create greener, more innovative, thriving communities that benefit all of the citizens, visitors and enterprises who call your city “home.”
Nokia Bell Labs Future X for Smart Cities architecture
The Future X architecture harnesses technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things, edge computing, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and high-performance networking - including 5G - to drive dramatic productivity improvements across a wide range of industrial sectors.
With the Future X for Smart Cities architecture, you can enable the human possibilities of smart cities by interconnecting your systems, processes, activities and citizens.
- Ease the flow of cars and people with smart mobility services. Simplify bus connections. Offer a real-time view of available parking. Monitor crowds in public venues.
- Use energy resources more efficiently in homes and businesses, as well as for public lighting.
- Enhance public safety with video-surveillance analytics, an integrated command and control center, and enhanced communications for first responders.
- Improve healthcare in your city with remote monitoring applications, while keeping costs under control.
- Enhance the fun and safety of large events and improve the tourist experience.
Discover our solutions for smart cities
Increase efficiency and responsiveness while reducing operating costs with applications that unify the orchestration and management of smart city services, devices and applications.
- Integrated Operations Center
Streamline operations, improve situational awareness and shorten response times by gaining real-time visibility of your assets and services
- IoT for Smart Cities
Use the IoT to improve quality of life, foster economic growth and deliver on eco-sustainability initiatives
- Digital moments at smart venues
Improve revenue, security and visitor satisfaction by bringing smart broadband experiences to sports venues, stadiums and concert halls
Empower hospitals and clinics to use intelligent infrastructures and digital technologies to reduce costs and support better patient care
Smart city case studies
- 5G is transforming government service delivery
- Meet safe city goals cost effectively
- Transforming cities with a collaborative approach — and a fast, flexible, efficient platform
- Laying the foundation of a smart city
- Turn your city into a platform for digital service creation
- Enabling smart, safe and sustainable cities
- Cloud DCI for government
- Delivering a public sector shared network architecture
- Hyperconnected resilient city
- Sendai City deploys connected drones for disaster alert and rescue
- Connecting a city to its future: the Smart City of Wroclaw
- 5G Growth Opportunities for Smart Cities
- Bristol, UK: A city as smart as its citizens
- Nokia Integrated Operations Center Viettel: Orchestrating smart city operations
- Nokia and City of Wrocław, Poland sign smart city collaboration agreement
- Nokia joins Sendai City in world’s first test of private wireless connected drones for tsunami evacuation alerts
- Room40 uses Nokia's machine-learning powered video, audio and IoT analytics to flag emergencies and crime at service stations, parking lots and construction sites
- MIRIS selects Nokia AirFrame Open Edge technology to deploy sustainable edge data center networks across Nordic region
- BSNL selects Nokia for smart pole deployment across India