Supply chain and logistics
Realize your Supply Chain 4.0 operation. Intelligent, automated, digitalized, end-to-end.
The introduction of accessible and easy-to-deploy technologies have opened a wide range of automation and digitalization opportunities for Supply chain and Party Logistics (PLs) companies. 1PL, 2PL, 3PL and 4PL companies can make the move to the Supply Chain 4.0 era and capture the extraordinary benefits:
- Reduce costs by minimizing supply chain resource waste
- Improve cycle time by operating with greater efficiency
- Build transparency with accurate, real-time end-to-end supply chain visibility
- Adapt to changing demand with flexible supply patterns
- Customize and personalize order delivery experiences for end customers
- Prepare for future applications and growth with expanded data centers.
Gaining the full advantage from your Supply Chain 4.0 operation requires a resilient and pervasive, high-performance network infrastructure.
Move your operation forward with Supply Chain 4.0
High-performance networks assure that at every step of the journey from the moment an order arrives, to how it’s handled in your warehouse, until it reaches the end user, it travels with speed, efficiency, safety, flexibility and in constant contact.
Digitization and automation in campuses
- Non-stop, continuous operations of AGVs/AMRs and robots/cobots
- Pervasive wireless coverage and network resiliency for critical operations
- Enhanced sensing and situational awareness for worker and workplace safety
- Always connected IoT devices, people and operations - enabling digital twin
- Massive bandwidth and low latency connectivity for AI/ML, AR/VR applications
- Edge computing and data center evolution to improve efficiency and productivity.
Global asset management
- Precision indoor positioning
- GPS/cellular outdoor positioning
- Global tracking and condition monitoring for better control.
Get Supply Chain 4.0 ready with these essential building blocks
With Nokia as your trusted network partner you can put these building blocks into action for an intelligent, digitalized and automated supply chain.
Cost pressures, tougher SLAs, booming eCommerce markets and global impacts such as pandemics and supply chain issue have pushed warehouses to utilize more robots and automated systems to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Adding AI/ML and AR/VR applications further improves productivity and reduces errors. Connecting these assets and applications over a high-performant, reliable network ensures maximum uptime of your operations.
Internet of Things (IoT)
Get ready for a future where all things are connected – thanks to new and advanced sensors available in the market. Warehouses are already employing temperature, health monitoring, energy, light, structural and machine sensors for a wide range of uses cases. Whether it is worker safety, predictive maintenance or facility management – IoT improves situational awareness inside and outside your warehouse.
Global asset tracking and condition monitoring (including indoor precise positioning)
Understanding the estimated time of arrival of assets to warehouses, diagnosing unhealthy or disrupted supply chains, or providing improved customer service (full visibility of their supply chain) are just a few of the reasons why asset tracking is so important. Precise indoor positioning helps you improve personnel safety and know the location and security of all your assets.
Digital twin and advanced analytics
Information from all data sources inside the warehouse as well as the rest of the supply chain can provide better visibility and support digital twins to optimize operations for improved performance. In addition, advanced analytics help you make real-time business operations decisions, bringing further productivity to your business.
High-performance enterprise cloud networks
If you are looking to fuel your operation with intelligent data and AI applications, you need a data center fabric that is up to the task. Modernized data centers offer open, extensible, secure, cloud-native architectures designed to open new opportunities for enterprises by taking advantage of modern intent-based operations and the ease of cloud-consumption models.
Industry-first Private Wireless TCO Calculator
Accelerate digital transformation and optimize your TCO! Compare wireless connectivity network scenarios by simulating your industry site.
Put industrial-grade private wireless to work for your supply chain operation
- Support your demanding warehouse and distribution requirements with robust, high-performance infrastructure
- Get reliable connectivity and pervasive coverage for even the most demanding environments
- Support your automated warehouse operations with 100s of AGVs and Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems
- Rapidly deploy the high-speed bandwidth you need for new video analytics applications for enhanced security, quality assurance, and operational analytics
- Deliver massive IOT connectivity for analytics, condition-based monitoring and Digital Twins
- Converge multiple wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, LoRa/SigFox/PMR) on the same network to simplify management and optimize performance.
Discover our solutions for supply chain and logistics
Gain capacity and scale for your mobile transport needs with FTTH networks
Data Center Fabric
Make data center switching and cloud environments easier to scale, adapt and operate
Gain a holistic view of your network, services and subscribers
Digital Automation Cloud
Get your own private wireless digital platform. Make it smart by adding applications.
Enhance coverage, speed and information quality for vessel and container inspection with our end-to-end aerial insights solution
IMPACT device manager
Connect your IoT devices with proven, cost-effective, industry-leading device management solutions
IMPACT IoT platform
Internet of Things Platform for IoT device management, data collection and data analytics
Industrial-grade Private Wireless
Nokia Industrial-grade Private Wireless is powering Industry 4.0 today — and the 5G revolution tomorrow
Learn more about supply chain and logistics
The key to unlocking $1.8 billion in logistics revenue in Europe
Nokia’s autonomous monitoring service looks to upend warehouse industry
How real-time video streaming will change industrial processes
Why 5G is a game changer for supply chain digitalization
Let data do the heavy lifting – Port of Kokkola digitalization with private wireless connectivity
Industrial-grade Private Wireless and Digitalization Solutions for Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations
Private wireless for the industrial environment
Accelerating digitalization with 5G for Industry 4.0 smart factories and warehouses
26 May 2022
Nokia and Mobile Industrial Robots (MiR) showcase real-time robot fleet management using private 5G wireless at LogiMat, Germany
25 Feb 2022
Nokia private wireless selected to enhance Alibaba Cloud’s enterprise edge cloud capabilities to speed up its customers’ digital transformation
1 Oct 2020
Nokia offers world’s first automated 4G/5G network slicing within RAN, transport and core domains
16 Sep 2020
Nokia accelerates Industry 4.0 transformation with added Nokia Digital Automation Cloud functionality
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...