The 5G Economy
The 5G Economy is one of incredibly high customer expectations, increasing innovation and competition from unexpected players and new business paradigms enabled by the performance and flexibility of 5G networks. This economy creates new opportunities for service providers to reclaim their right to play in the digital economy by moving up the value chain from enabler to shaper of new customer experiences.
Paradigm shifts in the 5G Economy
CSPs must adapt to these to maximize ROI
The 5G Economy is driven by titanic shifts in every facet of how digital services are delivered to market and consumed by customers. Only by adapting to these paradigm shifts can service providers maximize the return on their investment on 5G. Monetization systems are critical to ensuring they capture every revenue opportunity.
Monetization systems must evolve to capture every revenue opportunity of the 5G Economy
5G monetization limited by legacy systems
- 5G technology enhances network performance and dynamic NaaS, network slicing and automation
- CSPs must maximize ROI by enabling flexible new business models to capture every revenue opportunity
- Legacy BSS systems are not fit to capitalize on these opportunities due to their monolithic architectures and limited flexibility
Monetization systems must adapt to the 5G Economy
Monetization is essential for CSP success. CSPs must ensure they adapt their legacy BSS systems to meet the needs and requirements of the 5G Economy. 5G introduces a new network architecture and concepts that result in new imperatives for monetization systems including:
Capture new revenue opportunities made possible by 5G capabilities
Faster time to market of services and offers while ensuring fast, flexible and open operations
Meet CX demands of digital users for simple, transparent digital first commerce and care
Software architecture that reduces total cost of ownership at the massive scale of 5G
Nokia Monetization Systems are built for the dynamic needs of the 5G Economy
The 5G Economy is one driven by extremely high digital user expectation for simple, immediate, and flexible experiences. This creates new revenue opportunities for CSPs made possible by disruptive offerings and business models, unlocked by the dynamic 5G network capabilities and supported by open and modular technology.
Nokia Monetization Systems have been developed to meet these needs and enable CSPs to effectively monetize every revenue opportunity of the 5G Economy.
The 5G Economy will be more dynamic than ever and will require flexibility and agility from monetization systems in order to monetize new services and service dimensions in an efficient manner.
New revenue from 5G
- Differentiated pricing (speed, latency, reliability) and new usage charges (NaaS)
- Network slice monetization by usage, quality or SLA parameters
- Flexible product offerings for IoT, Enterprise, B2B2X, open partner ecosystem
Business agility and velocity
- Empower the business to configure new offers, including partner offers
- Leverage AI and automated decision making to drive dynamic pricing
- Reduce vendor dependency with open APIs and SDKs
Embrace digital practices
- Simplicity, transparency of offers and digital commerce models
- Payment flexibility, quotation accuracy and transparency
- Real-time personalized interactions using AI & analytics
- Resource-efficient cloud-native, containerized microservices
- Modular, distributed architecture that reduces resource consumption
- Always-on and always innovating with in-service upgrades and CI/CD
This is all built on top of our Common Software Foundation, a framework for developing and releasing cloud-native applications utilizing opensource, open APIs, AI and automation to deliver innovation quickly to our products and customers.
Nokia are best positioned to support you on this journey
As a leader in 5G monetization, our systems will enable you to maximize your ROI. There are a number of significant benefits that we bring over others in the market including:
Designed for 5G
Nokia leads 3GPP standards definition, and alignment in our products to effectively monetize 5G use cases
Independent services to enhance flexibility, scalability, performance and CI/CD
Innovation built in
Products developed with Nokia Bell Labs innovation for AI and ML use cases and dynamic pricing
Years of experience
Serving over 80 operators around the world supporting nearly 1 billion subscribers
Reduce vendor dependency
Reduce vendor dependence with open APIs, SDK for customizations and no-code charging configuration
Nokia 5G Expertise
Built on out-of-box support for advanced concepts like end-to-end 5G slicing
At Nokia, we are at the forefront of building the innovative technology to support the digital transformation required by the 5G Economy. Our offerings and integrated partner ecosystem allow you to chose the best solution for your organization.