Nokia Application Containers
Install new applications on Nokia broadband devices
Boost your competitiveness with value-add applications
Our application containers can enhance the user experience, create customer loyalty, and bring you new forms of revenue. Use them to diversify your value-added offer, introduce new services, and get them to your subscribers more quickly.
- Introduce new services on the broadband device you already use for broadband services
- Offer enhanced user experiences from cybersecurity to entertainment to productivity
- Fast time-to-market through application containers
- Build on your current managed Wi-Fi service
- Offer secure connectivity: cyber security, SD-WAN/VPN, advanced parental control, etc.
- Provide premium connectivity: entertainment: low latency for gaming, work-from-home, etc.
- Industry standard way to introduce new services
- Independent applications run in a protected area without interfering with the functioning of the device or of the home network
Join the Nokia ecosystem
- Wide choice of existing applications
- Multiple trials on-going
Application containers the Nokia way
We’ve added an abstraction layer to our devices on top of which applications can run using dedicated CPU power and memory.
The abstraction layer separates the apps from the device operating system meaning they can be installed and managed directly by you and independently of the device’s firmware updates.
Application container developer ecosystem
We have an ecosystem of 3rd party developers who make their applications available through our Nokia Application Container platform.
Multicast video delivery
Wi-Fi motion sensing