Nokia Managed Operations
Accelerate time to value and improve service quality with a complete set of managed services for 5G service creation, delivery and monetization.
64% fewer customer complaints. 40% faster recovery time. 76% faster time-to-market for new services.
These are just some of the immediate business outcomes Nokia Managed Operations has achieved for a growing global customer base of communications service providers (CSPs) and enterprises. Managing and optimizing multi-vendor network operations across mobile, fixed, and IP/Optical networks is our daily business.
Why managed network operations matters to CSPs and enterprises
Industry needs are evolving, but legacy network operations remain siloed. That’s preventing CSPs from delivering customized network services with stringent SLAs for a range of customer segments. Network quality and customer experience are today’s competitive differentiators, and operations can be the enabler – or the inhibitor – of 5G monetization and 5G network return on investment.
The business value of managed network operations
Source: GlobalData 2022 survey of 53 CSPs globally
Operations & Maintenance
To maximize network performance
Keep your network running with the best possible performance, availability and security, at predictable costs. Implementing technologies like 5G is one thing, operating them in a multi-technology multi-vendor environment is another. We bring the latest expertise and tools from our Global Delivery Centers to avoid any friction when network technology changes.
For automated network operations in the cloud
Transform your operating model based on our structured programs to lift productivity and operational agility through automation. Overcome siloed, non-digital operating models with phased micro-programs and clear deliverables mapped to your objectives. Deliverables include data refinery and sequenced automation implementation and continuous improvement.
To drive improved customer experiences
Use our AI-driven services to gain a competitive edge in customer experience and network performance, and to offer new, high-quality services including 5G network slicing. Our modular operations intelligence services can be injected into existing operations environments to solve specific issues. Use cases ranges from coverage and capacity optimization to predictive analysis of anomalies in complex network settings to prevent degradation of the customer experience.
How does Nokia Managed Operations work?
When you partner with Nokia Managed Operations, you buy business outcomes rather than just technical enablers. We will jointly define with you the outcomes that you want to see, and then manage the underlying technical and process complexity.
That complexity is growing with the emergence of multi-cloud environments, new 5G enterprise use cases, and automation needs driven by 5G Standalone networks and network slicing.
Many customers want to master these opportunities and challenges without having to worry about customer experience disruptions, friction in their organization and the hassle of integrating different software solutions from different vendors.
It’s our job to make your valuable assets and resources – be it your personnel, capital invested or even the power you consume – work in the most productive manner at any time. We do this by:
- Automating workload allocation across distributed and hybrid clouds
- Injecting AI/ML into processes for faster resolution time and increased network performance
- Improving time-to-value for existing and future services through fully automated control of the lifecycle
- Managing the cultural, operational and technology changes that come with digital transformation
What we deliver
- Proven capabilities to lift the end-user experience and drive CSP topline revenue
- Depth and breath of AI operations capabilities and experience
How we deliver it
- Modular services portfolio built for fast injection into existing operations
- Full multi-vendor network operations management capabilities
- Collaborative approach grounded in clear governance model
Who is Nokia Managed Operations for?
Nokia Managed Operations is for you if you are looking for a managed services partner to help you achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Optimal network performance with no disruptions while and after deploying 5G
- Fastest possible resolution of issues impacting network quality
- Automated operations processes spanning different software applications
- Network resources and assets work in the most productive way
- Dynamic shift of workloads across multiple clouds and on-premises deployments
- Minimize the complexity of operating a 5G Standalone network with network slicing
- AI/ML-driven predictive operations to boost customer experience
- New revenues with 5G enterprise services, including private wireless
- Well-orchestrated ecosystem of contractors including technical governance
Talk to us if you want to achieve defined business outcomes with controlled operational expenditure (OPEX) and you also want to overcome operations complexity.
Why outsource your network operations management to Nokia?
In the 5G era, both the network and the services are becoming more complex and dynamic in nature. With 5G Standalone (SA) and network slicing arriving, our managed operations services can help CSPs accelerate time to market and start monetizing 5G earlier.
3 transformational outcomes from working with Nokia Managed Operations
Become the #1 in customer experience in your market
Of employees and capital
Greater operational agility
Launch more services, much faster
Our operations transformation services transition you from on-premises network management to cloudified networks with high automation, AI and security levels. Automation keeps the costs of your operations flat while you grow your customer base and traffic. You also benefit from the latest AI capabilities, which leverage the intelligence in the network to optimize the end customer experience.
In our Network Operations Centers, we have automated more than 80 percent of operations processes, including alarm monitoring and fault restoration. For many customers we are running their multi-vendor end-to-end network operations.
And of course, our managed operations customers benefit from the latest Nokia software products for security operations. The team uses NetGuard XDR Operations software to automatically detect and remediate many cyber-attacks targeting customer networks.
Why choose us?
- Services delivered from our Network Operations Centers in Portugal, Romania and India
- Access to some of the best cyber security, data science and cloud experts in the industry
- A first mover with AI in telecoms, with AI integrated into multiple automated workflows
- Voted leader in Managed Services for the third consecutive time by analyst house GlobalData
- Choice of engagement and delivery models, be it software-led or service-led
- Leaders in business model innovation, thanks to our drive for automation and AI/ML
Analyst firm GlobalData rates Nokia the leader in the managed infrastructure services market
Who uses Nokia Managed Operations?
As the journey to digital transformation picks up speed, CSPs are looking to managed operations providers for more than just OPEX savings. They’re seeking strategic partnerships, including managed cloud, cognitive, and security operations.
Today, well over 100 CSP and enterprise customers, with more than 1 billion subscribers, depend on Nokia Managed Operations to keep their multi-vendor networks running optimally. Some of those customers include:
- An Asia-based CSP chose us for their Cloud and Security Operations, covering around 400 million subscribers
- For a European CSP we run the entire cloud operations, including Cloud Core and RAN. Their fully cloud-based network is one of the first in the industry
- For a Middle East customer we manage the entire lifecycle of their 5G network slices, so they can focus on expanding their business in the enterprise space without worrying about transforming complicated legacy operations
- A European CSP expanded into enterprise markets faster when we provided managed operations for their private wireless customers.
APAC Service provider #1
- Flat operations costs despite 50% network growth in 3 years
- Significantly higher network availability
- 60% less variance in performance
APAC Service provider #2
- #1 NPS in their market
- Increased topline with CX market leadership
- 50% faster resolution of network-affecting issues
How to engage with Nokia Managed Operations
No two CSPs’ 5G journeys are exactly alike. Our modular portfolio of targeted operations services and business models gives you support for just the issues you need to fix to achieve your specific operational and digital transformation targets.