Supercharge your fiber network
Fiber networks are rapidly becoming the infrastructure that underpins the entire telecom industry. They have a key role in delivering any service to any end point: homes, businesses, and cell sites. It is important that fiber networks to continue to evolve. They need to be faster, smarter and cost-efficient.
25G PON is the best next step in the evolution of PON:
- Cost-efficiency. 25G PON is cost-efficient because it leverages a large, mature eco-system of optical technologies used in data centers.
- High capacity. Huge symmetrical bandwidth capacity that will take PON networks a long way.
- Concrete use cases. 25G PON enhances convergence on a PON, delivering premium enterprise services and 5G transport.
- Easy to introduce. No changes are needed in the outside plant. It co-exists with current GPON and XGS-PON technologies on the same PON. With the Nokia solution, even the existing OLT and line card hardware could be used.
- Available today. Enables service providers to quickly boost the capacity of their existing fiber assets and seize near-term opportunities.
Nokia brings the first symmetrical 25G PON solution on the market that enables you to boost fiber broadband capacity and address new opportunitites. It is based on the Quillion chipset and available for the widely deployed Nokia fiber platform, enabling a very smooth introduction. So when you deploy Nokia’s next generation platform today, it is already 25G PON capable.
Operators and vendors worldwide have recognized an urgent need for 25G PON and formed a multi-source agreement to define the standard and accelerate 25G PON. Read more here: 25GS-PON MSA