Software-defined access networks
Renew your ability to scale your fixed network
Through years of rapid growth in subscribers, bandwidth and traffic, fixed access networks have become diverse, multi-technology environments. Whether copper, fiber or HFC, growing numbers of small, remote and widely distributed access nodes have increased network complexity, service complexity and costs.
Nokia software-defined access networks (SDAN) simplify the network in ways that renew your ability to scale while improving agility and keeping costs under control.Virtualization allows operators to automate the network and unlock new capabilities with smart, cloud-native access.
SDAN use software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) to speed up innovation cycles in a multivendor environment, leverage cost-effective cloud platforms that simplify IT integration, and scale up your ability to program and automate the network. Software-defined access networks give you an optimized next-generation access network.
Nokia pioneers with the first cloud-native platform that helps operators get more value from their fixed access network, delivering the widest range of software-defined use cases.
The Nokia software-defined access network
- Carrier-grade network functions built and optimized for the cloud.
- Modular with stateless and state-efficient designs, for centralized and distributed deployments.
- Flexible distribution of network functions for optimal trade-off between real-time performance and data center consolidation
- DevOps and micro-services deployments yield shorter innovation cycles.
- Purpose-built software suite leveraging open-source and open data with easy access for human and machines.
- Fostered in industry initiatives such as BAA, On.LAB and BBF.
- Integrates easily across 3rd party systems, networks and partners.
- Leverage best practice through our collaboration with service providers on real-life use cases.
- Virtualize where it matters with concrete software-defined use cases that bring operational or service improvements
- Fixed-mobile convergence, network slicing and simplified operations.
- Mix and match traditional access with cloud computing resources.
- Understand the trends and deliver tangible benefits for enhanced broadband.
- Ensure a smooth evolution of your existing access networks.
- Transcend the traditional roll of NMS and the physical limitations of network nodes.
- Continuous integration and delivery practices to support agile transformation.
- Reduce integration risk with comprehensive approach and Nokia NFV expertise