Get a certificate of completion
Course 100% online
(Available in English)
Entry level course, requires no formal pre-requisite
Requires only 5 hours to complete the entire course
This is your path to know about Cloud-native RAN. With this program you will learn the technology fundamentals and architecture on Cloud-native RAN and this will prepare you for further journey in Cloud-native RAN. No prerequisites are required for attending this course, however it will be good if you have basic telecom technology understanding.
What will I learn?
What skills will I develop?
- Cloud-native RAN
- Microservices architecture
- Lifecycle management
- Open interfaces/APIs
About Cloud RAN
As the industry is increasingly adopting 5G, flexible and scalable solutions are needed to fully deliver on the 5G promise. Cloud RAN is about meeting the requirement for edge computing as an enabler for new use cases. Furthermore, operators are looking for ways to benefit from the private wireless business opportunity. Cloud RAN can be referred to as Virtualized Radio Access Network (vRAN). Its characteristics include agility, flexibility, and openness. Nokia Cloud RAN brings the needed agility for operators and industries. It complements the existing network assets, helps operators build synergies with enterprise on-premises cloud, and paves the way for 6G.
What is Cloud RAN?
Cloud RAN introduces an architectural evolution to Radio Access Networks. It means that RAN hardware and software are disaggregated: To take full advantage of the cloud-computing model, the functions are built with cloud-native design. With RAN virtualization, it is possible to use shared edge infrastructure for edge cloud deployments. This architectural evolution is about introducing 5G radio capacity for new services in the enterprise space.
About the Professional Certificate
Prepare for a career in the dynamic RAN Market. This is the first certificate to start your CloudRAN journey. This is a futuristic technology course and is vendor agnostic. So this course will deep dive into the fundamentals of Cloud-native RAN. This certification does not require any pre-requisite. Start straight away and enhance your knowledge on CloudRAN. Once you have deepened your knowledge on the technology then we would suggest you to test your knowledge through the Cloud-native RAN professional Certification. This certification helps to understand concepts on Microservices, DevSecOps and gives you a holistic view of the Cloud-native RAN technology.
This technology certification is suited for Communication Service Providers or Enterprise audience who intend to gain knowledge on the Cloud-native RAN technology. University students who would like to understand concepts on Cloud-native RAN are also welcome to take this course.
Unit 0: Course Introduction
- 0.1 - Course Introduction
Unit 1: Cloud-native Drivers and Principles
- 1.1 - Cloud Transformation from Traditional Model to Cloud Native
- 1.2 - Key Market Drivers for Cloud RAN
- 1.3 - Cloud-native Principles
- 1.4 - Cloud-native Computing Foundation (CNCF)
Unit 2: Microservices Architecture for 5G Cloud-native RAN
- 2.1 - VM, Container, Pod, Microservice and CNF
- 2.2 - C-RAN & D-RAN Deployment Options
- 2.3 - 5G Cloud RAN BTS Function Split into Microservices
Unit 3: Open Interfaces and Open API for 5G Cloud-native RAN
- 3.1 - Open Midhaul: F1 & E1
- 3.2 - Open Fronthaul: 7-2x vs 7-3
- 3.3 - Open API and Service Mesh for Microservices
Unit 4: Agnostic Intrastructure for 5G Cloud-native RAN
- 4.1 - Infrastructure HW & L1 Acceleration
- 4.2 - Cloud Platform & CaaS SW
- 4.3 - Acceleration Abstraction Layer & OCI
Unit 5: DevSecOps for 5G Cloud-native RAN
- 5.1 - DevSecOps and Automation
- 5.2 - CNF Life Cycle & SW Management
- 5.3 - Cloud RAN Operability & Orchestration
- 5.4 - Cloud-native RAN Security
Unit 6: Stepwise Evolution to Cloud-native RAN
- 6.1 - Factors Influencing the Evolution
- 6.2 - Cloud-native RAN Challenges
Unit 7: Closing
- 7.1 - Course Wrap-up
Unit 8: Course PDF download
- 8.1 - Course PDF download
Nokia Certification Courses
Nokia Certification courses are created by world-class technocrats who understand the technology and have rich and varied experience. The instructors are Subject Matter Experts in their domain of work. Our idea is to bring the world class content to the learners so that they can begin their journey on technology and become industry leaders who are ready for tomorrow. Open the world to access state of the art Nokia content and enhance your skill set, advance your career and make a direct impact to your business.
Start your journey
Click on the link below and add the course to your cart.
If you wish to register for an exam, please go to Nokia - Pearson VUE
- Affordable courses
- Taught by industry leading experts
- Excellent course video and learning
- Exam at the end of the course
- Get a certificate of completion
- If you pass the exam you will get a Nokia Cloud-native RAN Certified Professional Certificate