SD-WAN for Remote Radiology
Expand your radiology services with the reliable and secure access of SD-WAN
We believe in the possibility of real-time healthcare systems to profoundly change patient care through adaptive connected IT infrastructure powering new technologies and services for better health outcomes. This is why Nokia is shaping the future of healthcare services with reliable easy to deploy network architectures, like SD-WAN, that connect any remote site, clinic or hospital quickly and seamlessly providing access to cloud applications in the healthcare system.
Advancements in technology have increased the use of telemedicine and radiology for remote diagnosis and interactive care. Remote radiology is seeing a significant uptick as healthcare systems are beginning to enable their radiologists to work from home.
Radiology of the future will deliver a radically more connected, aware, and patient-centric approach interpreting studies with greater complexities for diagnosis and care.
Challenge: Provide round-the-clock radiology services with the expertise of multiple sub-specialties.
- Imagine that you arrive at the emergency room at 3:00 am, after a fall, and receive a CT scan.
- While you are being cared for in the emergency room, your scan is being viewed by a radiologist working from home.
- The radiologist needs to consult with a specialty musculoskeletal radiologist who is also working from home.
- Both radiologists need to view the same study and consult with each other while working from their homes to arrive at a diagnosis for the emergency room physician.
Solution: Seamless remote radiology services connected through SD-WAN.
Nokia’s Nuage Networks SD-WAN 2.0 connects radiologists to healthcare facilities for better diagnostic care. SD-WAN connectivity improves efficiency, access, speed, and security.
- Reliability and up-time no longer inhibit radiologists from meeting critical demand with SD-WAN 2.0
- Bringing radiologists online is easy and fast, with a 20-minute installation in their home and maintenance managed remotely.
- Security, a top priority and more significant concern in cloud-based architectures, can be improved with with SD-WAN 2.0' end-to-end programmability and policy-driven automation.
- Real-time visibility allows IT to understand and manage and create security rules and policy automation based on real-time traffic and current regulations and goals.