Before making the call:
- Switch the phone on.
- If the phone screen and keys are locked, unlock them.
- Move to a place with adequate signal strength.
On the home screen, tap phone.
- Type in the official emergency number for your present location. Emergency call numbers vary by location.
- Tap phone.
- Give the necessary information as accurately as possible. Do not end the call until given permission to do so.
You may also need to do the following:
- Put a SIM card in the phone. If you don’t have a SIM card, on the lock screen, tap Emergency.
- If your phone asks for a PIN code, tap Emergency.
- Switch the call restrictions off in your phone, such as call barring, fixed dialling, or closed user group.
- If the mobile network is not available, you may also try making an internet call, if you can access the internet.