Implanted medical devices
To avoid potential interference, manufacturers of implanted medical devices recommend a minimum separation of 6 inches (15.3 centimetres) between a wireless device and an implanted medical device. Persons who have such devices should:
- Always keep the wireless device more than 6 inches (15.3 centimetres) from the medical device.
- Not carry the wireless device in a breast pocket.
- Hold the wireless device to the ear opposite the medical device.
- Switch the wireless device off if there is any reason to suspect that interference is taking place.
- Follow the manufacturer's directions for the implanted medical device.
If you have any questions about using your wireless device with an implanted medical device, consult your health care provider.