Implanted medical devices
To avoid potential interference, manufacturers of implanted medical devices recommend a minimum separation of 15.3 centimeters (6 inches) between a wireless device and the medical device. Persons who have such devices should:
- Always keep the wireless device more than 15.3 centimeters (6 inches) from the medical device.
- Not carry the wireless device in a breast pocket.
- Hold the wireless device to the ear opposite the medical device.
- Switch the wireless device off if there is any reason to suspect that interference is taking place.
- Follow the manufacturer directions for the implanted medical device.
If you have any questions about using your wireless device with an implanted medical device, consult your health care provider.
Did you find this helpful?