Contest - Online treasure hunt
16 January 2019
__Following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) shall apply to the Online treasure hunt Contest (the ‘’Competition”) detailed below. For the purposes of these Terms and
Conditions, the term Organizer, when used with reference to a legal entity, shall mean HMD
Global Oy (“Organizer”).
- This Competition is open to all forum users, aged 18 years as on 16 January 2019 or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of HMD Global or companies associated with the promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the promotion.
- The Participant must be a registered user of the Nokia mobile community and complete the entry form to which the link will be given in the competition thread. Entries submitted on any other platform or otherwise will not be valid.
- By participating, the Participant agrees to be fully and unconditionally to these Terms and Conditions, and the Participant represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility set forth herein. In addition, the Participant agrees to accept the decisions of Organizer, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
How to participate
- The participants need to enter the correct 5 words into a special competition entry form to which the link will be given in the competition thread in the Nokia mobile community.
- The form will validate if the word is correct and then give the next clue to find the next word.
- The form will not save the answers until all the 5 have been entered correctly.
- Once all 5 words have been entered the form will let the player enter their forum username.
- All winners and forum usernames will be validated before winning names can be confirmed.
Winner selection, and notification
- Six (6) winners will be selected at random.
- Each participant shall be entered only once for the selection, regardless of the number of entries done.
- The winners will be notified by PRIVATE MESSAGE on the Nokia phones community by 21 January 2019 23:59:59 (GTM)
- If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promotion starts at 12:00 GTM on 16 January 2019.
- All entries must be received by 21 January 2019 12:00 GTM (the “Promotional Period”).
- The winners will receive one of the following: 1 x Nokia 8.1; 2 x Nokia 7.1; 3 x Nokia True Wireless Earbuds.
- The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by the Organizer.
- Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner to notify them of the prize.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HMD Global Oy to use the winner's name, likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing, the prize is non-transferable.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these Terms and Conditions, these shall take precedence.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or if the entrant concerned or anyone authorized by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or HMD Global staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant.
- Organizer may alter, amend or withdraw this Competition without prior notice if necessary due to circumstances outside Organizer’s reasonable control.
- By entering the Participant agrees to release and hold harmless HMD Global Oy and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Participant's participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries.
- This promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Finland. You irrevocably agree that Finnish courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.
Organizer: HMD Global Oy, Bertel Jungin aukio 9, 02600 Espoo, Finland