Asia-Pacific and Japan
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a B2B technology innovation leader, we are pioneering networks that sense, think and act by leveraging our work across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. In addition, we create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Service providers, enterprises and partners worldwide trust Nokia to deliver secure, reliable and sustainable networks today – and work with us to create the digital services and applications of the future.
Our presence in Asia-Pacific and Japan
24 office locations
1 Cloud Collaboration Hub in Singapore & 1 5G Futures Lab in Australia
3 Advanced Technology Centers - 2 in Japan, 1 in Korea
2 Project Delivery Centers – Japan and Indonesia
Headquarters - Singapore
Our 5G momentum
Innovations in Asia-Pacific and Japan will enable faster and higher capacity 5G networks of the future for our customers.
News in Asia-Pacific and Japan
We invest significantly in communications technology to drive innovation across entire networks. In the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, there is a Cloud Collaboration Hub in Singapore and a 5G Futures Lab in Australia dedicated to advanced interoperability activities where customers can engage in hands-on experiences.
Local 5G Lab-as-a-Service (LaaS), Japan
- Established on 12 May 2022, the Nokia Local 5G Lab the first of its kind in Asia, providing an opportunity to communications service providers, enterprises and infrastructure companies to gain in-depth knowledge about the real-life workings of Local 5G.
- The center will now allow enterprises, communications service providers (CSPs), and infrastructure providers to closely learn and understand the vast potential of Local 5G technology in unlocking new values and better serving their customers.
- The ATC will also offer Lab-as-a-Service (LaaS), ensuring easy access to the state-of-the-art infrastructure and testing services and validation of devices, applications, and solutions.
Cloud Collaboration Hub, Singapore
- Established on 9 April 2018, the Cloud Collaboration Hub is the first of its kind in Asia, providing efficient multivendor cloud services to operators in the region
- The hub enables operators to visualize, develop and execute cloud offerings
- Singapore's Cloud Collaboration Hub complements two other collaboration hubs in the United States and the United Kingdom
The hub is an execution center where multivendor cloud services from strategy, design, execution and delivery are provided. It is one of three hubs in the world, with the other two located in Texas, US, and Reading, UK, offering innovative tooling and automation, as well as DevOps-based cloud development and delivery.
The strong partner ecosystem linked to the hubs enables Nokia to provide best-in-class, open-source cloud solutions and instant cloud development skillsets to meet digital service provider needs. Communications service providers in the region can now tap into Nokia's expertise to develop value-added services to improve customer experiences and help businesses grow new revenue streams.
5G Futures Lab Australia
- The state-of-the-art 5G Futures Lab in Australia was launched on 15 November 2021. It was officiated by the Australia Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities & the Arts at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) campus.
- The research facility is equipped with the latest 5G products from the award-winning Nokia AirScale radio portfolio and optical and IP technologies.
- The 5G research lab will power campus-wide 5G coverage to allow for the development, testing and demonstration of potential 5G use cases both in the lab, and in the field.
Asia-Pacific and Japan leadership
Head of Asia-Pacific and Japan
Head of Japan
Head of Korea
Head of Oceania
Head of South East Asia
Ruben Moron Flores
Head of Vietnam
Head of Indonesia