Middle East and Africa
We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide including government agencies. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate.
Our 5G momentum
Operators in the Middle East and Africa were among the first ones globally to introduce Nokia 5G technology and the momentum continues.
We invest significantly in communication technology R&D to drive innovation across entire networks, end-to-end.
Saudi MCIT, Nokia ink deal to set up global software development unit
The Saudi Ministry of Communications and Information Technology [MCIT] and Nokia agreed to launch Nokia R&D unit for developing software in Saudi Arabia. The agreement was signed by H.E Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Eng. Haitham Bin Abdul-Rahman Al-Ohali, and Amr K. El Leithy, Head of the Middle East and Africa Market, Nokia, in the presence of H.E Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Eng. Abdullah Bin Amer Alswaha and Rajeev Suri, the President and CEO of Nokia as well as a number of officials and dignitaries of both the parties.
Nokia collaborates with two leading universities in Ethiopia to promote digital skills and innovation
Nokia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Addis Ababa Science and Technology University and Addis Ababa Institute of Technology in order to collaborate and provide high-level technical skills to students in line with rapidly changing market needs.
Webinar: Helping MEA CSPs overcome a global crisis
In this webinar Aji Ed, Nokia CTO for Middle East and Africa market, discussed how to help MEA CSPs address new E2E networks requirements, covering automated Services & Operations, #Stayhome Access and Connectivity and the critical need for resilient and scalable transport networks.
News in Middle East and Africa
- 12 Feb 2020: Spectranet and Nokia to provide 100+ Mbps ultra broadband services with FTTH to home and business users in Nigeria
- 30 Sep 2019: Nokia completes world’s first single-carrier terabit-per-second field trial, sets optical transmission capacity record over Etisalat’s fibre network in UAE
- 13 Jun 2019: Ooredoo Algeria deploys Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway to transform its network for next generation broadband services
- 12 Jun 2019: Nokia and UNICEF launch partnership to boost digital literacy in primary schools in Kenya
- 28 May 2019: Vodafone Egypt deploys Nokia Subscriber Data Management over telco cloud for faster rollout of LTE services
- 14 Feb 2019: Advancing its digital transformation with Nokia, Telenor Pakistan deploys country's first 5G-ready cloud-based RAN platform and controllers
- 19 Sep 2018: Nuage Networks unveils SD-WAN 2.0, the industry's only automated and secure services platform for the delivery of enterprise IT services across any network and cloud
Middle East and Africa leadership
Amr K. El Leithy
Market Head MEA
Market Unit Head Saudi Arabia
Market Unit Head Middle East
Market Unit Head North and West Africa
Market Unit Head Central, East and West Africa
Market Unit Head Southern Africa and Vodafone
Head of Nokia Enterprise MEA