Core SaaS can substantially enhance an existing installation by offering much simpler cost control, faster time to market and greater support for new service creation.
By transferring more of the core’s ownership and operation to Nokia we take on more responsibilities than it would in a traditional on-premise or off-premise deployment. This reduces your workload to run the physical data center and infrastructure, freeing you to focus on your business. You could also gain by not having to take on associated costs, such as electricity, cooling, security and operations.
What is Core SaaS?
Core SaaS provides a network template incorporating pre-integrated network functions, all delivered commissioned, operated and maintained by Nokia.
Configured and optimized for one or more use cases, Core SaaS can simplify integration and provide immediate capacity to address requirements from straightforward use cases to the most complex, hyper-connected 5G scenario.
- Fulfills specific needs and use cases defined by the required outcome
- Single subscription includes service, care, upgrades and embedded infrastructure
- Standard and documented APIs for integration with CSP environment
How is Core SaaS built?
SaaS suites: solutions, services
- Composable building blocks of network services and functions
- Outcome-based integrated solutions enabling on-demand network access
- API-enabled with multiple levels of granularity
Digital ecosystem framework for Network as Code delivery
- Open platform enabling CSP/developer bi-directional expansion of all network services
- Easy to use SDK with digitized journeys, internal / external SaaS portals aiding rapid integration, service chain assembly and end-user configuration via APIs.
SaaS delivery framework
- SaaS operations at web scale with fully automated management of SaaS service lifecycles across multiple clouds
- Provides seamless software upgrades
- Supports centralized and unified security compliance across SaaS services
SaaS business platform
- Customer-facing, enabling digitized order-to-cash SaaS service lifecycles
- Native integration with cloud service provider marketplaces
How the service influences Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
How to benefit from Core SaaS?
SaaS enables many use cases:
Modernize network operations
Provision test environments for digital transformation projects, technology trials or innovation labs.
Pop-up network on demand
Industry 4.0 requires rapid scalability of telco networks. Organizations may require peak load or event-related network expansion.
An on-demand core network can be set up for emerging opportunities like augmented reality and low latency use cases
Rapid, low risk deployment for Virtual Network Operators, neutral hosting solution providers or digital wholesalers.
Individual, scalable core for existing enterprises like utilities, railways, smart cities or government units. Also meets the agile needs of entrepreneur companies wanting to test market opportunities.
Network as Code
Exposes Core SaaS capabilities via open APIs for new services in multiple service chains.
The concept of the future for Core
Nokia Core-Software-as-a-Service will introduce a new way to build and run 5G core networks to ensure speed and scale with less investment and lower risk. This on-demand, off-the-shelf and consumption-based ordering capability is heading our way.
5G Core (5GC)
Automate, customize and monetize your core to enjoy rich pickings.
5G Core Automation
The road ahead is connected. Make ground-breaking technology work for everyday life
5G Core on Hybrid Cloud
Pivot to new opportunities with 5G Core deployed on hyperscalers’ public cloud and hybrid cloud
Explore our related products and solutions
Cloud Packet Core
Reach new heights in performance to deliver 5G services with confidence
Shared Data Layer
Optimize telco cloud applications and architecture to achieve maximum benefit from the cloud
Network Exposure Function
For a programmable and open 5G