CSPs that deploy our 5G standalone core (5GC) across multi-cloud improve their competitiveness by enabling rapid scaling for on-demand responsiveness, increasing their agility & flexibility for innovative offers, and opening the edge cloud to pursue the enterprise & industrial markets.
Deploying the cloud native 5G standalone core (5GC) on multicloud opens broader ecosystem innovation, enables continuous software updates, and allows rapid scaling for on-demand responsiveness – all supported by greater resiliency and security. CSPs can benefit by deploying their core onto a hyperscaler’s cloud, taking advantage of its infrastructure, ecosystem and partnerships.
What is hybrid cloud?
Our solution enables Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to select cloud deployment models that best fits their needs. This includes:
- Private cloud (on-premises): CSP owns and operates the network and the cloud infrastructure.
- Public cloud (hyperscaler): CSP owns and operates the network, which is deployed on a cloud infrastructure that is owned and operated by a hyperscaler (public cloud provider). Optionally, the hyperscaler provides automation, analytics, and edge cloud locations.
- Hybrid cloud: A blending of private and public clouds. For example, user-plane functions are deployed in a private edge cloud, while the control-plane functions are deployed in a public cloud.
Our 5G Core’s cloud native architecture is commercially deployed on multi-cloud, across private, public and hybrid clouds. It gives you all the freedom and flexibility your business demands. This lets you choose the vendors you want for the services you need.
What are the benefits when using hybrid cloud?
CSPs’ business imperatives are solved by deploying their networks across multi-cloud:
- Stronger competitiveness driven by faster service launches, flexible scaling and extreme automation.
- Increase profits by pursuing new enterprise and industrial markets with more edge cloud locations, larger ecosystems and new methods including SaaS & APIs.
- Reduce costs by taking advantage of flexible workload placement, traffic grooming, and on-demand responsiveness.
How to manage the hybrid cloud?
Deploying the 5G Core across multiple clouds requires two key capabilities:
- Design for highly complex lifecycle management. Automate it to work efficiently across the various cloud platforms. Use multi-cloud manageability to ensure you achieve operational simplification and corresponding service agility.
- Build a service intent driven network. Orchestrate network slicing & agile vertical services for massive scaling & critical communications. Close the loop between traditionally separate service orchestration & service assurance, for efficient and effective management of the full service lifecycle.
Our customers’ multi-cloud deployments
CSPs deploy our cloud native 5G core onto private, public and hybrid clouds. Dive into our customers’ case studies to learn how they did it, and see what comes next:
5G Core (5GC)
Free the innovation within your network, so you can automate, customize and monetize your services with total confidence
5G Core Automation
The road ahead is connected. Make ground-breaking technology work for everyday life
Core network Software as a Service
The ready-to-go way to deliver the full potential of 5G and beyond
Learn more about 5G core on public cloud and hybrid cloud
Nokia Core Talk: How did they do it? DISH, Nokia and the world’s first 5G on AWS’s cloud
Nokia Core TV series #10: Nokia 5G Core deployed on Google Anthos
Nokia Core TV series #8: Nokia 5G Core automated deployment on any cloud
DISH Wireless 5G Standalone Deployed in the Cloud
Deploying the 5G core in the cloud
Telenet Belgium selected Google Anthos & Nokia to deploy their cloud-native 5G Standalone Core
Nokia Core TV series #1: Nokia 5G Core deployed on public cloud
5G Core on cloud: go public, private or a bit of both?
15 Jun 2022
Nokia supports DISH Wireless launch of world’s first telco network using 5G Standalone Core on AWS public cloud
21 Jun 2021
Nokia and DISH to deploy first 5G standalone core network in the public cloud with AWS
16 Mar 2021
Nokia accelerates Telenet cloud services with 5G core deal
14 Jan 2021
Google Cloud, Nokia partner to accelerate cloud-native 5G readiness for communication service providers
18 Nov 2019
Nokia cloud-native software platform available on Amazon Web Services
5 Nov 2019
Microsoft and Nokia collaborate to accelerate digital transformation and Industry 4.0 for communications service providers and enterprises
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...