Boost productivity of ports and port terminals
Launch your digital journey
Our maritime industry solutions provide a platform for modernizing container terminal, port and shipping operations. They help you get the most from digital transformation by enabling you to streamline your processes, improve safety and security, add new levels of automation and stay a step ahead of changing technologies and demands.
We offer a comprehensive maritime portfolio that combines reliable industrial wireless and fixed broadband with IoT and analytics technologies. Our offers and professional services help you select technologies and solutions that address your operational needs and prepare you to compete in the new digital age of transportation and logistics. Our solutions help you improve safety , optimize utilization of your valuable assets, and protect your business from cyber threats.
Take terminal operations into the digital age
Fast-track your digital transformation by using industrial wireless, IoT and advanced analytics to make your terminals more productive. With our solutions, you can leverage technology advances to manage increasing container traffic, tighter supply chains and dynamic handling volumes. Get the most out of your terminal assets, including automated cargo handling equipment, to improve safety and security, reduce costs, increase drayage efficiency, support new services and operate in a more sustainable way.
Build smarter, safer ports
Gain a competitive edge by using wireless, IoT and analytics technologies to build smart ports. Our port 4.0 solutions provide reliable high-speed mobile data and communications capabilities. They let you create an infrastructure that supports the demands of applications such as workflow analytics, environmental monitoring, smart traffic management and drone inspections.
Improve onboard ship connectivity
Streamline your passenger and cargo shipping operations with secure and reliable wireless data communications. Our solutions let you improve ship-to-shore connectivity and add enhanced data and video capabilities to support richer information exchanges. They increase your operational efficiency by enabling you to use IoT and analytics technologies to automate and manage ships, piloting and container relays.
Extend Ship to Shore Connectivity
Nokia solutions can help ships connect to public mobile networks on shore, up to 100 kms using high range antennas. With additional solutions on board, other benefits such as bandwidth aggregation, high level of QoS and security are also provided
Nokia Bell Labs Future X for industries architecture
The Future X architecture harnesses technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things, edge computing, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and high-performance networking - including 5G - to drive dramatic productivity improvements across a wide range of industrial sectors.
With the Future X architecture, you can:
- Connect people, sensors, vehicles and machines with the highest security, safety and reliability
- Empower your teams with instant broadband connectivity
- Increase network capacity to address any need, from automated operations to digital twinning
- Get the performance and ultra-low latencies you need for video analytics, drone inspections and automated vehicle navigation
- Use data from sensors and devices to improve your situational awareness and make more informed decisions
Why choose Nokia maritime solutions?
- Benefit from our experience in building, maintaining and deploying the world’s largest networks
- Work with experts who use their knowledge of shifting technology needs, trends, standards and regulations to help you future-proof your network
- Deploy solutions that draw on our 30-plus years of building innovative mission-critical enterprise networks
- Collaborate with a trusted partner that has global maritime and logistics references
- Address your unique needs by choosing from the industry’s broadest portfolio of networking products
- Modernize your business by working with an industry thought leader in future transportation communication demands
- Stay ahead of competitors and market trends with the latest innovations and insights from Nokia Bell Labs
Discover our solutions
Nokia seals LTE/5G private wireless deal at Port of Seattle
Nokia and Kalmar extend partnership in terminal automation
Nokia to digitalize crane monitoring systems in Pelindo 4 Indonesia
Nokia completes phase one of Belgian Port of Zeebrugge digitalization with 5G-ready private wireless network
- Nokia completes phase one of Belgian Port of Zeebrugge digitalization with 5G-ready private wireless network
- Kalmar, Ukkoverkot and Nokia build a wireless digitalization infrastructure for port and terminal R&D
- Port operator Steveco embraces Port 4.0 with private LTE solution from Nokia and Ukkoverkot
- Port of Hamburg: 5G applications pass field test
- Nokia, ABB and Kalmar conduct industry's first trial with ultra-reliable, low-latency 5G technology for electricity grid and harbor automation