Industrial-grade private wireless solutions
Power your digital transformation with versatile wireless solutions
Deploy a connectivity solution built for industries
With Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) and Modular Private Wireless (MPW), you get flexible end-to-end solutions that provides ubiquitous connectivity at your premises and across your field area networks. If required, you can extend connectivity nationwide or around the globe using mobile operators’ networks or the Nokia WING offering. You can also provide digital connectivity that consolidates every kind of data and uses AI and machine learning to optimize and automate your operations.
Our private wireless offer helps you meet the demands of Industry 4.0 now and prepare for what’s next by providing:
- Support for the widest range of global spectrum bands, including unlicensed spectrum that lets you deploy anywhere
- An enterprise-grade core network that provides all the functions you need to run a full private 4.9G/LTE or 5G network
- Indoor and outdoor coverage for small to very large campuses, provided by our wide range of class-leading small and macro cells
- Support for autonomous, on-premises private wireless networks and centralized or hybrid cloud architectures
- End-to-end solutions for IP and optical, SD-WAN, wireless backhaul, Wireless PON, passive optical LAN, edge cloud servers and analytics
- Owned or as-a-service options
- Rich analytics and digital automation enablers
We’ve designed our private wireless solution to give you maximum flexibility with two deployment approaches: simplicity or full control. We can help you choose the approach that best meets your needs and customize it to ensure the maximum benefit for your business.
Nokia Digital Automation Cloud
Choose Nokia DAC deployment if you want the simplest route to your own private wireless network. With Nokia DAC, you get an integrated, plug-and-play, as-a-service solution that runs on your premises. You also get a digitalization and automation platform with applications that are ready to run.
Modular Private Wireless
Choose an MPW deployment if you want complete control over the way you build and operate your private wireless network. MPW supports end-to-end customization that lets you meet your most demanding requirements.
Do private wireless your way
With Nokia DAC and MPW, we support a full range of architecture and deployment scenarios, including:
- Fully autonomous local deployments
- Connected industrial sites with transparent roaming between private wireless and mobile operator networks
- Hybrid edge and centralized cloud deployments that support locally run applications and data processing as well as global management of multiple sites and release upgrades
- Centralized cloud deployments that let you run some private wireless network elements in network clouds
- Mobile operators’ private wireless, secure MVNO or nationwide network slicing offers
The 3.5 GHz CBRS band is being made available in the US to provide shared spectrum for private wireless use. Other countries are developing similar shared spectrum solutions to CBRS.
Enterprises can accelerate their Industry 4.0 transformation by using the Nokia fully comprehensive, pre-integrated CBRS solution. The Nokia solution includes:
- A spectrum access system (SAS)
- Environmental sensing capability (ESC)
- Domain proxy and Nokia Bell Labs geo-redundancy features
- An industrial-grade private wireless solution
Access to CBRS spectrum for General Authorized Access (GAA) and Priority Access License (PAL) CBRS access points devices (CBSD) is managed and prioritized using the SAS. The ESC is used to detect incumbent users in the operational area.
Along with an SAS and ESC, the Nokia CBRS solution also incorporates a new, unique domain proxy capability. This micro service aggregates multiple radio links to simplify SAS connectivity for large deployments. It also provides an extra level of CBRS reliability, control and security in challenging environments when connectivity to the SAS may be unreliable.
- Nokia Industry-first MulteFire-certified 4.9G/LTE private wireless networking solution, running on Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC), is designed to open up private wireless to mass adoption by an entirely new range of customers, applications and markets. By unlocking global unlicensed spectrum for private 4.9G/LTE it can be used by customers currently without access to licensed spectrum, or as a complementary layer to bring extra capacity to private wireless networks and enabling new nomadic use cases.
- The Nokia Industrial MulteFire router 700 is a ruggedized and certified device available for deployment with Nokia DAC, that operates in unlicensed spectrum, including the global 5GHz band and is suitable for multiple use cases and industries.
- The MulteFire-standard Nokia pico access point supports both outdoor and indoor operation. This all-in-one small cell provides a simple and fast set-up of private wireless connectivity. Suitable for permanent networking, it is also suited to temporary deployment in use cases such as sporting and cultural events, media broadcasting, construction sites, field hospitals and public emergency situations.
"Nokia Digital Automation Cloud Wi-Fi (DAC Wi-Fi) makes it easy to deploy Wi-Fi 6/6E to meet the connectivity demands of non-business-critical operational technology (OT) applications at any industrial site. Offered as a service, Nokia DAC Wi-Fi runs on the Nokia MX Industrial Edge, the first OT-centric edge solution to enable on-premises Industry 4.0 digitalization applications, workloads and analytics.
By deploying Nokia DAC Wi-Fi, you can reap the combined benefits of the newest Wi-Fi generation and on-premise edge cloud solution to accelerate digitalization in your enterprise. Nokia DAC Wi-Fi is a futureproof solution offering seamless transition to private wireless as your needs evolve."
Learn more about the Nokia DAC Wi-Fi solution here.
Nokia MX Boost lets you combine multiple radio technologies and spectrum to provide reliable, high-performance connectivity for your business- and mission-critical industrial applications.
Powered by patented Nokia Bell Labs innovations and deployed on the Nokia MX Industrial Edge (MXIE) and industrial devices, MX Boost makes it easy to aggregate 4.9G/5G private wireless connectivity paths with a host of other connectivity options. You can boost throughput by combining radio links or determinism by retaining the capabilities of the strongest one.
With MX Boost, you can unify disparate radio technologies – for example, Wi-Fi and 4.9G/LTE – to gain more flexibility to support innovative IT and OT applications and accelerate your digital transformation.
Learn more about the Nokia MX Boost solution here.
Nokia’s MX Industrial Edge is a future ready on-premise Edge solution for accelerated OT digitalization. It combines the simplicity and agility of an Edge as a Service model with an Edge architecture designed to meet the mission critical needs of asset intensive industrial environments.
The latest edge-as-a-service applications are available to you with your Nokia Digital Automation Cloud subscription. ‘Click and deploy’ a variety of digital enablers such as: mixed reality, automation, data aggregation, localization of assets and video analytics capabilities and more from the application catalog to the on-premises edge.
Nokia applications are designed to cut through IoT complexity and advance the digital transformation of asset intensive industries. With our ecosystem-neutral approach enterprises can swiftly deploy on premise edge applications coming from Nokia and other ecosystems or ISVs.
Every application benefits from Nokia MX Industrial Edge providing resilience and security with the highest compute and networking performance required for Industry 4.0 use-cases. Through the application management portal you can easily onboard Nokia and partner applications including sandbox, developer toolkit and application life-cycle management.
Learn more about the applications available through the catalog here.
Three service options to address mission- and business-critical communication needs
Nokia VoIP provides simple and reliable point-to-point voice and video calling capabilities for up to 1,500 users. The VoIP service is native on any Nokia DAC network ready to activate and use.
Nokia Team Comms complements these point-to-point VoIP capabilities with multipoint calling, push-to-talk (PTT), push-to-video (PTV), and instant messaging with media distribution. It is suitable for teams with up to 200 members and can be scaled based on your chosen edge server.
Nokia Group Communications includes all the functions of the VoIP and Team Comms services and adds support for emergency broadcast calls or alerts, along with priority management and pre-emption capabilities. Designed for mission-critical communication, it supports up to 20,000 PTT users and 1,000 PTV users, and scales to support regional or national needs such as public safety networks and other wide area network use cases.
- Nokia offers industrial-grade devices and device management to ensure easy deployment of private wireless connectivity including value adding applications and services. This end-to-end solution offering means that you have one vendor to deliver your vision for industry 4.0.
- The Nokia Industrial user equipment lineup comprises handhelds, workpads, routers, dongles, and hotspots. Designed for heavy use in demanding industries like mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, ports and warehousing.
- Various devices for indoor/outdoor and vehicle use have ruggedized, hardened enclosures with industrial grade components, high IP ratings (IP 67 and IP 68), and anti-vibration design. All comes pre-tested and integrated with Nokia private wireless solutions.
Ruggedized for harsh conditions
Get acquainted with our portfolio of ruggedized Nokia Industrial devices for Nokia private wireless solutions. We offer a selection of compact handhelds, workpads, routers, dongles, hotspots, and accessories. The user equipment comes verified, tested and integrated with your 4.9G/LTE or 5G private wireless network for guaranteed high performance.
Industry-first Private Wireless TCO Calculator
Accelerate digital transformation and optimize your TCO! Compare wireless connectivity network scenarios by simulating your industry site.