IPsec Security Gateway
Keep your customers’ IP traffic safe as it traverses unsecure networks
Our IPsec Security Gateway solution helps you avoid security breaches that can lead to costly increases in customer churn.
This 3GPP-compliant solution also provides competitive service differentiation and meets the security requirements of sensitive public sector and mission-critical applications.
Three functions to secure IP traffic
IP traffic is vulnerable to attack whenever it travels across an unsecured or third-party network. Even in secured networks, transport links can be tapped, and insiders pose a risk.
The Nokia 7750 Service Router (SR)-based Security Gateway and Nokia NetGuard Certificate Manager (NCM) provide IP security (IPsec) protection with three essential functions:
- Authentication, which ensures that the sender and receiver are who they say they are
- Integrity, which ensures that the data that is received matches the data that was sent
- Confidentiality, which ensures that no one can read the data as it is being transmitted
The Security Gateway lets you set up secure tunnels between network endpoints and encrypts traffic so that it can pass safely across these tunnels. It is a feature of the Nokia Service Router Operating System (SR OS) and runs on the 7750 SR platforms.
The Security Gateway is also available as a virtualized network function on the Nokia Virtualized Service Router (VSR) for implementation in a cloud architecture. Both options provide the industry’s highest capacity and throughput.
IPsec requires digital certificates for authentication. Based on a trusted certification authority, NCM manages the entire lifecycle of a digital identity in a standardized and secure way. It simplifies and secures this process by setting up a public key infrastructure (PKI) according to the 3GPP TS 33.210, 33.310 and 33.401 standards.
With NCM, you can ensure the safe authentication of users, devices, applications and systems without the need for tokens, passwords or other non-standardized authentication schemes. Its distributed architecture supports over 100 million active certificate deployments.
Benefits and features
Long in-service lifetime
- High capacity and throughput
- Up to 500,000 IPsec tunnels per 7750 SR chassis
- Up to 960 Gb/s IPsec throughput
- Over 100M certificates supported
Cost effective deployment options
- Runs on virtual or physical hardware platforms
- A variety of form factors to address different capacity requirements
- Supports centralized and distributed deployments
- High scalability and forward compatibility, which ensure a long, stable lifetime in your network
- 7750 SR platform is widely used in global routing networks
- Full suite of advanced routing features
- IPv4 and IPv6 support for deployment flexibility
- Reduced equipment sparing costs and a common management platform when used in a Nokia IP network
- Redundant control, switching, power, fans
- Non-stop routing, non-stop services
- Fast convergence
- Multi-chassis stateful synchronization for
- Works with RAN, core and transport networks
- Works with any generation RAN (3G, 4G, 5G)
- Works with macro and small cells, femtocells,
Related solutions and products
Cyber Security for railways
Security operations for railway mission-critical communications networks
Quantum-safe optical networking
Secure data from intrusion and theft though quantum-safe encryption, key management and intrusion detection
Cloud-native Extended Detection and Response platform
7750 Defender Mitigation System
A next-generation platform for DDoS mitigation
NetGuard Audit Compliance Manager
Automate the audit and analysis of all parameters in physical and virtual networks
NetGuard Certificate Lifecycle Manager
Automate the lifecycle management of your security certificates
Learn more about network security
Is addressing the cybersecurity skills shortage a Herculean task?
Airtel uses Nokia security product
Why cybersecurity risk management is high on CSPs’ agenda
Cyberthreat Intelligence: Are Telecom Networks Easy Targets?
28 Nov 2023
Nokia upgrades Bouygues Telecom’s IP network for increased capacity and energy efficiency
4 Oct 2023
Nokia selected by Brazil’s K2 Telecom as key partner to strengthen its security and create new revenue streams
20 Jun 2023
Nokia and Proximus demonstrate future of network security with Europe’s first live hybrid quantum encryption key trial
7 Jun 2023
Nokia Threat Intelligence Report finds malicious IoT botnet activity has sharply increased
8 Dec 2022
Nokia IP and private wireless chosen by Société du Grand Paris to power one of Europe’s largest metro rail projects
23 Aug 2022
Nokia SaaS services strengthened with key GSMA security accreditation
9 May 2022
Nokia launches groundbreaking cybersecurity-focused testing lab in the U.S.
24 Nov 2021
Nokia wins awards for its NetGuard XDR Security Operations software and Nokia Digital Assistant solution
6 Jul 2021
Nokia launches iSIM Secure Connect software to enable new 5G mobile and IoT services, revenue streams
22 Oct 2020
Nokia Threat Intelligence Report warns of rising cyberattacks on internet-connected devices
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...