With Nokia Single RAN, just one base station can run concurrently 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G technologies. It can be activated and configured remotely, and any technologies can be deactivated just as quickly when they’re no longer needed.
Cut the complexity
Nokia Single RAN consists of multipurpose hardware and common software for 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G NSA and SA technologies. Supporting a multitude of hardware sharing options – radio, fronthaul, baseband, backhaul, OAM, spectrum – reducing the complexity and increasing cost efficiency – and all with the bonus of future proof end-to-end solution with strong security and one common operation and management system.
Why should Single RAN be your top priority?
- Want to expand 5G, but worried on ever increasing complexity and costs?
- Want 5G revenues without site visit?
- Need to bring 5G radio coverage to everyone faster ?
- Want to continue to support the legacy 2G, 3G and 4G technologies but with marginal costs?
- Need to reduce your energy bill and CO2 emissions considerably?
Here's how your business can benefit
- Single RAN reduces TCO by over 30%
- Modernization of legacy network pays back in 2-3 years
- Energy consumption is reduced in average by 44%
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing with SRAN reducing 5G roll-out cost by up to 60%
- SRAN enables remote activation of new RAT in seconds, and can reduce 5G radio CAPEX by 60%
Related solutions and products
AirScale Active Antennas
Boost 5G capacity with massive MIMO
Efficiency, flexibility and scalability for the 5G era
AirScale indoor Radio
Simplify indoor coverage and capacity