Airframe open edge server
Data center solution designed for far edge
The Nokia AirFrame open edge server, is the first x86 solution built and tailored to fully support edge and far-edge cloud deployments. The ultra-small footprint provided by the solution is complemented with a real-time, OPNFV compatible, OpenStack distribution built to provide the performance and low latency required by solutions like Cloud RAN.
Deliveries of the Nokia AirFrame open edge server will commence in Q3 2018 and will be a fundamental building block to distribute compute capacity in the network and drive the implementation of Cloud RAN, MEC and ultimately 5G.
The Nokia AirFrame open edge server is the building block of these edge deployments.
AirFrame open edge server will be fundamental to distributing computing capacity in the network and driving the implementation of Cloud RAN, Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) and ultimately 5G.
- Advancing its digital transformation with Nokia, Telenor Pakistan deploys country's first 5G-ready cloud-based RAN platform and controllers
- Zain Saudi, Nokia conduct 4.9G pilot to boost capacity and customer experience with 5G-ready massive MIMO active antenna on 2.6 GHz
- Nokia AVA helps Hutchison 3 increase network efficiency and improve the customer experience in Indonesia
- Nokia expands Fixed Wireless Access FastMile portfolio for greater flexibility and performance in delivering ultra-broadband services
- Nokia and dtac deploy first 4G TDD network for mass commercial use in Thailand
- Nokia, in collaboration with Orange, applies cloud benefits to radio access in large-scale trial, preparing for future 5G networks
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G