AirFrame open edge server
Data center solution designed for far edge
The Nokia AirFrame open edge server, is an x86 solution built and tailored to fully support edge and far-edge cloud deployments. The ultra-small footprint provided by the solution is complemented with a real-time, OPNFV compatible, OpenStack distribution built to provide the performance and low latency required by solutions like Cloud RAN.
AirFrame open edge server is fundamental to distributing computing capacity in the network and driving the implementation of Cloud RAN, Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) as well as 5G.
The AirFrame open edge server chassis is only 3U high, enabling its installation on existing base station sites. The open edge server also leverages Nokia ReefShark capabilities to implement acceleration capabilities for Cloud-RAN, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence and other workloads.
- Advancing its digital transformation with Nokia, Telenor Pakistan deploys country's first 5G-ready cloud-based RAN platform and controllers
- Zain Saudi, Nokia conduct 4.9G pilot to boost capacity and customer experience with 5G-ready massive MIMO active antenna on 2.6 GHz
- Nokia AVA helps Hutchison 3 increase network efficiency and improve the customer experience in Indonesia
- Nokia expands Fixed Wireless Access FastMile portfolio for greater flexibility and performance in delivering ultra-broadband services
- Nokia and dtac deploy first 4G TDD network for mass commercial use in Thailand
- Nokia, in collaboration with Orange, applies cloud benefits to radio access in large-scale trial, preparing for future 5G networks
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G