Nokia AVA Mobile Network Insights
Nokia’s mobile network analytics to automatically correlate 5G network quality
What is the purpose of 5G network analytics?
5G requires a whole new evolution of network and business bringing more use cases and business models. The co-existence of the new and legacy technologies and complexity of the services and the speed at which they are expected to react will require a major change in operational processes. To maintain quality across technologies and networks is a big challenge when moving from 4G to 5G. For example, mobility management, session control and intelligent data management are fragmented in multiple core and radio network layers. And a higher number of radio network elements will be serving a smaller number of customers per unit than in 4G further increasing the fragmentation of the source data.
For 5G network performance data, this implies that the per call measurement data (PCMD) records provided by the network elements are more numerous and fragmented than in 4G networks. For 5G mobile network analytics and troubleshooting this means that individual network element level KPIs don’t indicate the full performance. Correlated records are needed to evaluate and troubleshoot the full performance per subscriber or subscriber group, location, device type and 5G slice.
What are mobile network analytics?
Mobile network analytics provides multi-dimensional on-the-fly network analytics, comprehensive correlations and root cause analysis for 5G networks. It gathers per call measurement data (PCMD) directly from the network elements, aggregates, analyzes and stores the records providing per minute, hour and day views to the correlated unitary records. The linkage of metrics and dimensions for each event is preserved enabling slicing and dicing of data in any dimension contained in the data model.
Nokia’s mobile network analytics, Nokia AVA Mobile Network Insights, brings a single correlation layer managing both 4G and 5G record correlation, providing a full visibility to both 4G and 5G network performance. On-the-fly correlated per call measurement data (PCMD) records are needed to deliver insights on subscribers’ combined 4G/5G experience.
Mobile network analytics – Monitoring customer journey through network technologies
Nokia AVA Mobile Network Insights use cases
Network usage diversity increases in 5G. Mobile broadband to home and consumers will require very high throughput whereas there will be a moderate number of devices served per cell. Vehicular communications will require ultra-low latency combined with fast mobility and handovers. Internet of Things (IoT) and industrial robotics requires serving a huge number of devices but typically a low throughput per device. 5G network performance monitoring and multi-dimensional analytics need to be provided per different usage types, groups of users and 5G network slices.
These all examples above require a whole new evolution of network and network analytics. Helping to address these challenges, Nokia’s mobile network analytics include the following use cases:
- Multi-dimensional troubleshooting and performance assessment
- Always-on SLA metrics per user groups (enterprises, VIP customers), device groups and slices
- Prioritized network investments based on insight about resource utilization, usage, quality and devices
- Insights for broad analytics/data science needs
- Subscriber-centric quality insights and device analytics
- Real-time network performance monitoring
- Application throughput and root cause analysis
Why choose Nokia for mobile network analytics
Nokia AVA Mobile Network Insights helps communications service providers (CSPs) to become more customer-centric across their business functions, and move towards automated network operations
Improve TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Innovative and agile use case creation
- Wide range of business and operational models
- Open source, cloud-native and DevOps
Prioritize and resolve network and subscriber problems
- Network intelligence for telecom operations, planning and optimization
- Serve a wide variety of use cases across enterprises, IoT and consumers
- A flexible multi-dimensional data model to augment human intelligence with the troubleshooting tasks
Maintain quality across network technologies
- Full visibility to 4G/5G network joint performance, and ability to monitor customer journey through network technologies
- Enable real-time slicing and dicing of the data per the key dimensions
- A single correlation layer managing both 4G and 5G
- Automated end to end network correlations and root cause analysis