Mission-critical transmission networks for railways
Highly available mission-critical communications infrastructures
Multi-services communication networks able to support both mission critical applications and new passenger services require state of the art transmission products based on Microwave, Optical and IP technologies.
- The Microwave Packet Radio (MPR) range of products are optimized to provide point-to-point or point-to-multipoint wireless IP transmissions to backhaul all equipment placed along the tracks, such as GSM-R base stations. This is a cost effective solution especially in hilly relief. Our 9500 MPR product is natively integrated with our IP/MPLS routers, reducing the installation, management and maintenance costs.
- The WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) optical switches open the possibility to introduce new bandwidth-hungry applications to the wired network or to resell bandwidth capacity to generate new revenues. They can help railways operators smoothly migrate their existing SDH legacy optical infrastructure to a final converged IP/MPLS and Optical network.
- The IP/MPLS switches and routers is a comprehensive suite of products designed to build multi-services and mission-critical communication networks providing resiliency, security, traffic segregation and high quality of services. They allow a smooth migration to IP without the need to remove or replace legacy applications or services. They are managed by our unified management platform; 5620 SAM, like the MPR and PSS products.
- Building a mission-critical communications network: Network transformation for IP CCTV
- Transforming mission-critical networks - IP/MPLS network transformation to support legacy SCADA
- Network Group Encryption: Seamless Encryption for Mission-Critical Networks
- Migration from TDM/SDH/SONET to IP/MPLS
- Impregnable network defense for critical infrastructure