Nokia Integrated Packet Transport over WDM
Course number: ER00837-V-1803
Course duration: 4 days
Price: $3,125 US
This course is designed for network engineers, IT personnel, and network planning personnel who need to learn how to provision and manage Carrier Ethernet services over optical networks, using the Service Router Operating System (SR OS) capabilities of 1830 PSS.
This course introduces key concepts related to transporting Layer 2 traffic through packet-aware optical networks including: Carrier Ethernet services, Provider Bridging, 802.1Q Virtual LANs (VLANs), QinQ tagging, Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP), Link Aggregation Groups (LAGs), and Quality of Service (QoS) policies. The course also includes multiple hands-on lab exercises where students implement and monitor Layer 2 services on 1830 PSS using the Ethernet Service Module (ESM), of the Network Functions Manager for Transport (NFM-T).
Nokia Optical Network Services Expert
Learn the technologies, skills and best practices required to configure, manage and deploy differentiated services on a Nokia optical based network.
Nokia Optical Network Architect
Master the complete set of end-to-end knowledge and practical skills required to design, manage and troubleshoot leading-edge optical networks based on the Nokia 1830 PSS.
Get access to the same course materials you would receive in class. Course materials are a great way to learn and prepare for exams at your own pace.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Discuss the Nokia Integrated Packet Transport over WDM solution and typical applications
- Describe the SR OS service model
- Explain Carrier Ethernet services and terminology
- Describe Ethernet bridging and MAC learning
- Explain 802.1Q VLANs and Q-in-Q tagging
- Configure and monitor a VPLS in a Provider Bridge 1830 PSS network
- Work with the Ethernet Services Manager (ESM) on NFM-T
- Describe Ethernet OAM capabilities (CFM, S-OAM, L-OAM, Performance Monitoring) available on 1830 PSS
- Perform Ethernet OAM tasks in an 1830 PSS-based network
- Describe G.8032 ERP
- Configure and monitor ERP in an 1830 PSS-based network
- Describe LAG and MC-LAG
- Configure and monitor LAG and MC-LAG in an 1830 PSS-based network
- Configure MC-LAG with ERP in an 1830 PSS-based network
- Describe QoS capabilities available in an 1830 PSS-based network
- Module 0 – Course Introduction
- Module 1 – Introduction to Layer 2 Services on 1830 PSS
- Module 2 – Ethernet Bridging and Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Module 3 – Ethernet Operations, Administration and
- Module 4 – G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP)
- Module 5 – Link Aggregation Groups (LAG)
- Module 6 – Quality of Service (QoS)