Nokia Optical Network Management with NFM-T
Course Number: ER00836-V-1803
Course Duration: 5 days
Price: $3,425 US
This course is designed for network engineers, IT personnel, and network planning personnel who need to learn the principles, provisioning methods, and general best practices related to managing optical networks with the Nokia Network Functions Manager for Transport (NFM-T). Participants are introduced to the management system architecture and main related features.
This course focuses on optical network management processes and tasks, specifically for 1830 PSS-based Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) networks, using the Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP). After introducing NSP, as well as its main components and features, the course focuses on NFM-T. Basic network operations are explained, such as network deployment and infrastructure creation. The course concludes with an overview of the main agents and processes.
Nokia Optical Network Services Expert
Learn the technologies, skills and best practices required to configure, manage and deploy differentiated services on a Nokia optical based network.
Get access to the same course materials you would receive in class. Course materials are a great way to learn and prepare for exams at your own pace.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Create and supervise network elements, including WDM, Switched NE, OCS and compound nodes
- Work with network commissioning tools
- Construct basic networks using WDM and Switched NE
- Manage several different scenarios including Managed Plane, ASON L0 and ASON L1
- Provision uplinks, infrastructures and services in basic network scenarios
- Create Optical and Electrical Protection Schema
- Create ASON protected infrastructures
- Recognize the main NFM-T agents and processes
- Use the webAPP application for alarm display
- Collect performance metrics (PMs), analyze routing views
- Module 0 – Course Introduction
- Module 1 – Architecture of NSP
- Module 2 – Understanding the optical network models
- Module 3 – Network construction
- Module 4 – Service implementation in Managed Plane networks
- Module 5 – Service implementation in ASON networks
- Module 6 – Server management