TechZine published a lot of great content in 2015, and you may have missed at least 1 of the top 20 articles and blogs included here. Get ready to follow the links to be informed and challenged.
These blogs were the top 3 in terms of readership:
Cable MSO Wi-Fi First offers unique opportunity by Steve Davidson
Take full advantage of LTE with VoWi-Fi by David Nowoswiat and Edmund Elkin
Field insights: Deploying enterprise small cells by Jean Jones
I asked co-author David Nowoswiat about the 2nd of these posts. It was published in February, but David confirmed that it’s still highly relevant. Mobile operators across the globe are deploying VoLTE/VoWi-Fi.
“Consumers are always looking for a way to make it easy to connect with each other,” he commented, “whether they’re in homes, offices, or on-the-go. VoWi-Fi lets them connect with even far-away friends and family in a way that’s convenient and made easier with today’s mobile apps.” If you’ve questions or comments for David or Ed – or any of our authors – just use the “contact” link at the end of the authored post.
Ranking popularity of TechZine articles by the number of hits can be deceiving, since it doesn’t factor in the publication date. While David’s blog has been available to read since February, the 3rd place post – one in a series of “field insights” by Jean Jones – has only been available since October, so could move up. And that’s a reason the other 17 of the top 20 posts linked here aren’t listed in any particular order.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY
Articles that focused on the results of research studies proved popular in 2015, including these:
- Mobile market research surveys smartphone users – by Daisy Su and Richard Crowe
- Study shows ultra-broadband potential of copper – by Robert Novo, Mohamed El-Sayed, Beth Polonsky, and Samrat Kulkarni
Some articles focused on particular industries, like this one:
- 10 findings from airport communications analysis – by Karl Wermig, Marie Froment-Donadille, Carlos Urrutia-Valdes, and Dennis Ong
Others look to the future:
- Future of video content: Evolution toward 2020 – by Chris Croupe
- The IoT: Applications for a smarter world – by Marc Jadoul
- Internet of Things security cameras hackathon – by Jean-Christophe Coiffier
Sometimes we run a series of TechZine posts on a single topic. In 2015, 3 posts from a business-oriented series on mobile prepaid options made the top 20 list:
- Operators benefit from sponsored data charging– by Barbara Sampson and Thomas King
- Affordable smartphones can boost prepaid mobile – by Barbara Sampson
- Make the most of prepaid mobile plan growth – by Barbara Sampson
Our authors explain complex topics and address real-world decisions network operators face. The practicality of our wide-ranging content is clear from the titles of these top posts:
- Cable and telco network optimization toolkit – by Steve Davidson
- Benefit from a virtualized residential gateway – by Rudy Hoebeke
- Enhance performance with passive optical LAN – by Ana Pesovic
- A sensible mobile IPv6 migration strategy – by David Nowoswiat and Wouter Reynders
- Virtual home gateways improve customer experience – by Alan Marks
- Is your EPC ready for the small cells onslaught? – by David Nowoswiat
- Path computation for IP network optimization – by Fang Hao, Arnold Jansen, Muralidharan Kodialam, and T.V. Lakshman
- All-wireless enterprise with LTE and Wi-Fi – by Subramanian Vasudevan
In the most-read TechZine posts of the year, our authors discussed a wide range of technologies and business issues. Some of the most popular articles and blogs were highly technical while others presented a high-level overview. Some were geared toward service providers and others to large enterprises.
KEEP ON READING
In 2014, our most popular TechZine post garnered just over 11,000 hits. In 2015, every one of the top 20 linked here was viewed more times than last year’s most popular. And our #1 post had over 17,000 hits – just since October!
We already have dozens of articles and blog posts in process for TechZine in 2016. If you haven’t already joined us, subscribe to our newsletter for monthly highlights and access to premium content. Bookmark our home page, too, since we publish new material as soon as it’s completed.
Our authors look forward to your questions and comments.