7220 Interconnect Router for Data Center Fabric
Build open and automated data center fabrics with high-performance, fixed-configuration platforms
The Nokia 7220 Interconnect Router (7220 IXR) for data center fabric provides fixed-configuration, high-performance platforms that let you bring unmatched scale, flexibility and operational simplicity to your data center networks and cloud environments.
A key part of our Data Center Fabric solution, these scalable next-generation platforms are designed to meet the high connectivity and density demands of webscale companies, service providers and enterprises. You can deploy them rapidly and easily adapt them to meet your changing needs.
Deploy a NOS that redefines openness
The 7220 IXR implements our Service Router Linux (SR Linux) network operating system (NOS). SR Linux provides true openness from the ground up to create a foundation for building a suite of network applications. It lets you take advantage of a robust and comprehensive set of capabilities, including IP routing, Layer 2 Ethernet, QoS, security, scalable telemetry and model-driven programmability.
Automate your data center network operations
By deploying the 7220 IXR, you gain access to our Fabric Services System. The Fabric Services System provides a toolkit that empowers your NetOps team to efficiently automate and operate your entire data center fabric infrastructure.
Features and benefits
The 7220 IXR for data center fabrics lets you combine high-scale interconnectivity with an open, extensible and resilient NOS and an operations toolkit that enables you to automate every phase of data center fabric operations.
High-capacity fixed-configuration platforms
The 7220 IXR provides high-performance, high-density, fixed configuration platforms designed for data center leaf-spine deployments.
These platforms give you:
- Multiple chassis variants with system capacities up to 6.4 Tb/s
- Support for 400GE, 100GE, 50GE, 40GE, 25GE, 10GE or 1GE port speeds
- Hot swappable and redundant power supplies
- Hot swappable and redundant fans
A modern, open NOS
The 7220 IXR implements our SR Linux NOS, a unique, ground-up architecture built around model-driven management and modern interfaces.
With SR Linux, you can:
- Bring simplified operations and integrations, ultimate visibility and unmatched flexibility to your data centers
- Evolve your data center networks with essential enhanced IP routing features such as MP-BGP, EVPN and VXLAN
- Give your NetOps teams and application developers the confidence to fine tune and customize their data center platforms and NOS to meet their needs
A toolkit for enabling intent-based automation and operations
The 7220 IXR lets you use our Fabric Services System toolkit to support automation at scale for all phases of data center fabric operations, including Day 0 design, Day 1 deployment and Day 2+ operations.
With the Fabric Services System, you can:
- Onboard application workloads faster by automating fabric designs and configurations, including EVPN
- Manage the risk of change by using the Fabric Services System digital sandbox tool to emulate data center fabrics, application workloads and external Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) speakers
The NetOps era is here
The NextPlatform: Making data center networking as consumable as compute
VMBlog: Prediction series-2022-Jan-Why 2022 is the year of consumable data center networks
Building your business case for a new data center switching fabric
Related solutions and products
Adaptive Cloud Networking
Revolutionize operations from edge to fabric
Data Center Fabric
Make data center and cloud environments easier to scale, adapt and operate
7250 Interconnect Router for Data Center Fabrics
Deploy modular, high-performance platforms to build open and automated data center fabrics