7250 Interconnect Router for Data Center Fabrics
Deploy modular, high-performance platforms to build open and automated data center fabrics
The Nokia 7250 IXR Interconnect Routers (7250 IXR) for data center fabrics are modular, high-performance platforms that let you bring unmatched density, flexibility and operational simplicity to your data center networks and cloud environments.
A key part of our Data Center Fabric solution, these next-generation platforms are designed to deliver the massive-scale interconnectivity that webscale companies, service providers and enterprises demand. You can deploy them rapidly and easily adapt them to meet your changing needs.
Deploy a NOS that redefines openness
The 7250 IXR implements our Service Router Linux (SR Linux) network operating system (NOS). SR Linux provides true openness from the ground up. It lets you take advantage of a robust and comprehensive set of capabilities, including IP routing, Layer 2 Ethernet, QoS, security, scalable telemetry and model-driven programmability to build a suite of network applications.
Automate your data center operations
By deploying the 7250 IXR, you gain access to our Fabric Services System. The Fabric Services System provides a toolkit that empowers your NetOps team to efficiently automate and operate your entire data center infrastructure.
Features and benefits
The 7250 IXR for data center fabrics lets you combine massive-scale interconnectivity with an open, extensible and resilient NOS and an operations toolkit that enables you to automate every phase of your data center fabric operations.
Modular, high-availability platforms
The 7250 IXR family implements system capacity of up to 112.5 Tb/s and provides native hardware support for 400GE, 100GE and 40GE and hardware breakout options for 50GE, 25GE and 10GE. These routers give you:
- Benchmark-setting high availability enabled by a full suite of redundant control, fabric, fan and power configurations
- A Faraday cage design that ensures EMI containment, a critical requirement for platform evolution and supporting tomorrow’s higher-speed, higher-density line cards
- Complete and clear separation of replaceable components, which ensures that you can replace components without disrupting service
A modern, open NOS
The 7250 IXR implements our SR Linux NOS, a unique, ground-up architecture built around model-driven management and modern interfaces. With SR Linux, you can:
- Bring simplified operations and integrations, ultimate visibility and unmatched flexibility to your data centers
- Evolve your data center networks using essential enhanced IP routing features such as MP-BGP, EVPN and VXLAN
- Give your NetOps teams and application developers the confidence to fine tune and customize the routers and NOS to meet their needs
A toolkit for enabling intent-based automation and operations
The 7250 IXR lets you use our Fabric Services System toolkit to support automation at scale for all phases of data center fabric operations, including Day 0 design, Day 1 deployment and Day 2+ operations. With the Fabric Services System, you can:
- Onboard application workloads faster by automating fabric designs and configurations, including EVPN
- Manage the risk of change by using the FSP digital sandbox tool to emulate a data center fabrics, application workloads and external Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) speakers
The NetOps era is here
The NextPlatform: Making data center networking as consumable as compute
VMBlog: Prediction series-2022-Jan-Why 2022 is the year of consumable data center networks
Building your business case for a new data center switching fabric
Adaptive Cloud Networking
Revolutionize operations from edge to fabric
Data Center Fabric
Make data center and cloud environments easier to scale, adapt and operate
7220 Interconnect Router for Data Center Fabrics
Build open and automated data center fabrics with high-performance, fixed-configuration platforms