Altiplano Open Access
The solution of choice for digital infrastructure builders and broadband wholesalers
Your path to a profitable wholesale broadband business
The continuing high demand for fiber broadband presents an attractive opportunity for network investors operating a wholesale business.
For a perfect example of how this can be done, look no further than American Tower.
This white paper explores how they entered the network business with a network-as-a-service (NaaS) model for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), integrating their platforms with the Altiplano SDN solution to create different network partitions for network tenants.
Open access made simple: any network access, any level of control
Open access networks are an attractive way for operators to improve the monetization of their fiber network. The Nokia Altiplano Open Access solution is powered by the Nokia Altiplano Access Controller cloud platform and enables a powerful and versatile way to do neutral-host network sharing and offer broadband wholesale services.
This offers unique operational isolation and process automation, whilst increasing flexibility and maintaining network visibility and control for virtual network operators. It allows wholesalers to become the infrastructure partner of choice with the most advanced set of digital broadband services.
For infrastructure providers
- Programmable platform with open APIs and fine-grained resource control for flexible wholesale offerings
- Highly scalable to support a virtually unlimited number of network slices and network tenants
- Flexible deployment models for small and large virtual network operators
- Automated tenant onboarding, subscriber allocation and network inventory tools to simplify sharing OLT, ONU and outside plant
- End-to-end solution with carrier-grade product portfolio and professional services to design and deploy the network
For network tenants
- Easy on-demand consumption of FTTH services
- Independent VNO operational practices and differentiated service design within SLA terms and InP policies
- Easy integration of back-end systems and service provisioning via open APIs
- More autonomy to control the customer experience
- Access to real-time and historical OAM data for customer care and service operations
- Access at the granularity of a line card, a PON port, a passive fiber outlet, ONT, or user interface.
Become the digital infrastructure partner of choice
Altiplano Access Controller
Altiplano Access Controller for service provisioning, assurance and automation of access node resources and slice bandwidth.
Lightspan FX fiber access nodes
High-capacity Lightspan FX and other fiber access nodes for flexible wholesale access and massive scale fiber roll-out.
Cloud Acceleration Services
Professional services to help you design, build and integrate open access networks that meet your business objectives.
Related solutions and products
Supercharge your fiber network
Gain capacity and scale for your mobile transport needs with FTTH networks
Take your fiber network to the next level
Get the right ONT for your fiber-to-the-home services
Lightspan DF Fiber Access Nodes
Small access nodes for multi-Gigabit broadband
Lightspan MF fiber access nodes
Faster, smarter, greener broadband
Learn more about fixed broadband access and network analytics, -automation and -management
Let there be Light! - Keynote speech Network-X 2023
KPN’s XGS-PON Rollout Provides a Hassle-Free, Forward-Looking FTTP Network
How data is driving the future of PON capacity planning
Google Fiber for broadband with Nokia 25G PON
21 Aug 2023
Nokia launches Corteca home connectivity software to create and monetize better broadband experiences
17 Aug 2023
Nokia expands network-in-a-box program to speed up and simplify broadband network builds and BEAD projects
16 Aug 2023
Nokia expands manufacturing in U.S. to fiber broadband optical modules for Department of Commerce BEAD program
6 Oct 2022
Nokia announces SaaS for Fixed Networks portfolio line-up
1 Jun 2021
Nokia to supply DELTA Fiber for 10 Gb/s fiber network in the Netherlands
26 May 2021
Nokia and Proximus deploy world’s fastest live fiber network
12 May 2021
Nokia reaches 100 customers for its Quillion-based fixed broadband solutions
24 Mar 2021
Nokia selected by Andean Telecom Partners Perú for network infrastructure projects
2 Feb 2021
Nokia and Vodafone showcase record-breaking 100 gigabit fiber broadband
3 Dec 2020
Nokia and Metrotel deploy software-defined fiber network for open access in Argentina
8 Oct 2020
Nokia helps broadband builders to accelerate into the cloud era with Altiplano platform
16 Oct 2018
Nokia Fixed Access Health Index keeps operators fighting fit for the evolution of broadband
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...