Video broadcast optimizer
Provide a superior quality of experience to your IPTV customers
The introduction of High Definition TV and multiple simultaneous video streams per home raise new challenges for IPTV service providers and cable operators. End users may suffer a degraded quality of experience if no specific action is taken. Visual distortions may occur frequently and the time to switch channels may increase to an unacceptable four to five seconds.
In addition to the risk of losing customers, these problems increase the number of calls to customer support centers and the associated costs. The Video Broadcast Optimizer minimizes the time to switch channels and prevents visual distortions, providing a superior quality of experience for end users.
This product suite operates with a wide range of the IPTV middleware platforms available in the market.
Benefits and features
- Highly scalable IPTV QoE, QoS solution
- Flexible, hierarchical deployment from core to CO
- Removal, reduction of burst associated with typical channel change solutions
- Embedded appliance-based solution, low power, reduced footprint
- Ethernet connectivity suitable for any network equipment regardless of vendor or model
- Reduction of linear ad insertion cost facilitates local/zoned targeted advertising
- Enhancement of traditional linear ads with interactivity options
- Re-transmission of lost/damaged packets at application layer
- Fast channel change
- Videodenting to maintain bandwidth demands
- IPTV middleware independent
- Standards based (ETSI, DVB)
- Conditional access system independent
- Network equipment manufacturer independent
- Open, vendor-supported STB integration toolkit
- Gig-E Ethernet connectivity
- SCTE-35 marking at the RTP layer
- Video recognition system