Adopt lean operations and increase business agility
CloudBand software is an ETSI NFV MANO system with commercially proven reliability, automation, repeatability and security. It is flexibly deployed for any combination of NFV Infrastructure / Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (NFVI/VIM), generic VNF Manager (G-VNFM), and NFV Orchestrator, and serves VNFs from Nokia and other suppliers.
As your network offer evolves and adapts to meet the challenges of digital time where operation is lean and service operation is fast and efficient, you need to rely on an infrastructure that meets many challenges that Nokia’s CloudBand portfolio will help you address:
- Openness and universal applicability is now a requirement to stay on top when competing with traditional and web-scale service providers. With IT and Telco requirements blurring, it is important to keep options open with investment choices that, like Nokia’s CloudBand, support hybrid infrastructure, are open for multi-vendor and can meet the challenges of cloud-native architecture.
- Serviceability and operability becomes a criterion of choice to accommodate the service requirement of real time workloads trending to zero latency. CloudBand uses the latest from centralized, upstream opensource channel. With zero downtime optimized upgrade procedures from the MANO, the network is ready to be serviced continuously.
- Security, which has always been a key priority for infrastructure and services becomes still more important as the scope of services goes broader – Think IOT or 5G network slicing for instance. Designed bottom up for security and system hardening, and fully compliant with ANSSI, GDPR, NSA and additional country-specific security protocols, the CloudBand portfolio contributes to your secure offer.
Our CloudBand portfolio makes it simple to host, orchestrate, automate, and manage virtualized network functions (VNFs) and services. Its scalable and flexible products help you reduce time to revenue for new services and use automation and optimization to make network operations lean. With CloudBand, you benefit from the rapid pace of open-source innovation and get a carrier-grade product that’s ready for deployment.
It’s time to deploy cloud. Telenor, T-Mobile USA, Three UK, Vodafone, Elisa, Tele2, Altan, Bharti Airtel, Freedom Mobile, and about 90 customers use our CloudBand MANO for use-cases such as voice over LTE, evolved packet core, public safety, SD-WAN, government cloud, or as an NFV platform.
How will you use NFV? Turn your vision into reality with CloudBand.
Nokia releases upgraded CloudBand Infrastructure Software to secure 5G cloud deployments, enhance service delivery and reduce costs for customers
Nokia's cloud-native core deployed by India's Idea Cellular in its path to digitalization
T-Mobile and Nokia ink $3.5 billion, multi-year 5G network agreement
Nokia and Vodafone Qatar deploy virtualized applications for core network modernization
Vodafone India deploys Nokia Cloud Packet Core
- Scale management and orchestrationin the telco cloud with Nokia CloudBandand VMware vCloud NFV
- Trusted NFV systems
- NFV migration: top 5 security risks (risk identification methodology)
- NFV security's 9 top impacting choices (implementation guide)
- Operational readiness for migrating to a cloud-based infrastructure
- NFV insight series: ETSI VNF resource request options - Direct versus indirect mode explained
- NFV insight series: Scalable orchestration with a hierarchy of domain-focused orchestrators
- NFV – A DevOps methodology for deployment
- OpenStack Mistral workflow service
- Designing and managing VNFs the right way for network functions virtualization
- Bridging the gaps between legacy functions and the cloud- Root cause Analysis in NFV
- VNF scaling using ETSI NFV's APIs with Nokia CloudBand
- Service assurance: Facilitate complex fault management to maintain efficiency & productivity
- NFVO: Automate & orchestrate network services
- VNFM: Automated & open network lifecycle management
- NFVI/VIM: Optimize & simplify virtual infrastructure operations
- Lean Ops, Rapidly Transforming your Network Operations, the Nokia Approach
- OpenStack Vitrage root cause analysis
- Orchestrating dynamic enterprise services with Nokia CloudBand Network Director
- Nokia and BSNL to roll out 4G and Voice over LTE services in India
- Nokia and T-Mobile leading the way with nationwide 5G multi-band network rollout across the United States
- Nokia and China Unicom deploy AirGile cloud-native core network to enable new VoLTE and VoWiFi services in China
- Telenor Pakistan initiates network transformation by developing own Cloud network
- Nokia selected by ALTÁN Redes to build and manage nationwide LTE wholesale network in Mexico
- Nokia and Three UK to deploy world's first next-generation cloud native core network