FP Network Processor Technology
Master the unexpected with breakthrough silicon innovations
Setting the standard in IP router silicon design
Nokia FP network processor technology provides breakthrough silicon innovation that powers the industry’s biggest, highest-density and most advanced IP routers. Our FP5, FP4 and FP3 processors enable service providers, webscale companies and enterprises to seize new opportunities by building high-performance IP networks that are scalable, secure and cost-effective.
These processors build on our legacy as the leader in IP router silicon design. We were the first to deliver 10 Gb/s, 100 Gb/s, 400 Gb/s and 3.0 Tb/s chipsets. With the 6.0 Tb/s FP5, we provide more capacity than any other network processor in the market, without sacrificing the performance or feature breadth. FP5 is the first network processor with line rate encryption capabilities and it drives down power consumption by 75% over FP4. With FP4, we offered the first 3.0 Tb/s network processor and set new standards by supporting terabit speeds, network-integrated security, and lowered power consumption by 50% over FP3. FP3 was a groundbreaking 400G chipset deployed in hundreds of IP networks worldwide.
Each generation of FP silicon supports seamless backward compatibility and quick adaptation of new features and protocols, providing the best investment protection in the industry.
Nokia FP5: 6.0 Tb/s network processor
Nokia’s new generation of network processor silicon, FP5, is designed specifically to ensure your business continues to thrive in these increasingly uncertain times. FP5 builds on FP4’s no-compromise approach, adding more capacity, integration, security capabilities and size reduction, all while significantly reducing power consumption. With FP5, you gain the agility to quickly evolve your services, neutralize new or escalating network security threats and satisfy growing capacity needs while maintaining optimal efficiency, performance and scale.
Key benefits of IP routing platforms powered by FP5 for service providers, webscale companies and enterprises include:
- Deterministic performance under all network loads, capacities, and service and function scale - without compromise
- A fully buffered architecture with line-rate memories ensures deterministic performance for all demanding network roles
- Silicon-based IP network security with ANYsec line rate encryption and multi-level DDoS mitigation capabilities, without performance impact
- First NPU to support 100G SERDES enabling a 75% power reduction over previous FP silicon and future generation optics support
Nokia FP4: 3.0 Tb/s network processor
The FP4 chipset delivers unprecedented scale, security and functionality without sacrificing performance. It is fully programmable and designed for a longer lifecycle with unique architecture innovations that provide unmatched economic benefits and investment protection. FP4 also features a very high degree of component integration. This integration significantly reduces the chipset footprint, leading to lower complexity and power consumption.
With IP routing platforms powered by FP4, service providers, webscale companies and enterprises can:
- Support massive, multi-dimensional scale without compromising intelligence or performance
- Adapt to transient conditions with real-time network telemetry and insight-driven automation
- Secure systems and data with network-integrated DDoS mitigation
- Get maximum value from existing network investments with routing platforms that deliver hardware and software extensibility
Nokia FP3: Breakthrough 400G network processor
FP3 was the world’s first 400G network processor. Today, it powers the industry’s most scalable and high-performing portfolio of IP edge and core router platforms. FP3 silicon will continue to coexist with new FP4 routing silicon within our IP router portfolio.
With IP routing platforms powered by FP3, service providers, webscale companies and enterprises can:
- Deploy high-density 10GE, 40GE and 100GE line cards
- Scale bandwidth without sacrificing network performance
- Increase port density and enable more efficient service and application delivery
- Reduce footprint and power consumption with high-capacity line cards