President of Mobile Networks
Tommi is the President of Mobile Networks at Nokia and also serves as the Country Senior Officer of Nokia Finland.
Tommi is passionate about developing, selling and building radio access networks and microwave radio links, and seeing his communication service provider (CSP) and enterprise customers with private/dedicated wireless networks thrive in delivering ever better services in mobile broadband and the Internet of Things. As the head of Nokia’s Mobile Networks business group since the end of 2018, Tommi is helping to shape the mobile industry and society by bringing 5G, artificial intelligence, machine learning, open RAN and cloud RAN to the market to fuel the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
His previous roles include leading worldwide product sales of Nokia’s mobile networks and heading all of Nokia’s networks business in Western Europe. After having joined the industry in the microwave radio link business during the heyday of 2G/GSM, Tommi played a key part in introducing and rolling out Nokia’s 3G/WCDMA and 4G/LTE technologies to the market. He was heading Nokia’s LTE radio access business line at the time when 4G/LTE services were launched in the pioneering markets of South Korea, Japan and Scandinavia.
Tommi holds master’s degrees from Aalto University (formerly Helsinki University of Technology) in Finland and Michigan Technological University in the US. He is based in Finland and has lived in the US and France.
- Senior Vice President, Global Product Sales, Mobile Networks, Nokia 2016–2018
- Senior Vice President, Global Mobile Broadband Sales, Customer Operations, Nokia Networks, 2015–2016
- Senior Vice President, West Europe, Customer Operations, Nokia Networks, 2013–2015
- Head of Radio Cluster (Senior Vice President), Mobile Broadband, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2012–2013
- Head of Global LTE Radio Access Business Line (Vice President) and Quality, Mobile Broadband, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2011–2012
- Head of Product Management, Network Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2010
- Head of Product Management, Radio Access, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2009
- Head of WCDMA/HSPA and Radio Platforms Product Management, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2008
- Head of WCDMA/HSPA Product Line Management, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007
- General Manager, Radio Controller Product Management, Nokia Networks, 2005–2007
- Director, Sales & Marketing (Lead Sales Director), France Telecom/Orange Nokia Networks, 2002–2005
- Operations Director, Northeast Europe, Central & Eastern Europe and Middle East, Nokia Networks, 1999–2002
- Manager, Product Business Management and Logistics, Cellular Transmission, Nokia Networks, 1996–1999
- Director, Production and Development, Valmet Logging Americas Inc., 1993–1995