Rajeev Suri, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Since April 2014, as Chief Executive Officer of Nokia, Rajeev has been the driving force behind Nokia's recent transformation, including its acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent, its successful expansion into enterprise vertical markets, the creation of a standalone software business, and the return of the Nokia brand to mobile phones. In his previous role as CEO of Nokia Solutions and Networks he also delivered a complete turnaround, increasing the value of the company from approximately €1 billion to more than €10 billion.
In his 30 years of international experience Rajeev has developed deep expertise across a range of technology areas that will be critical in the onset of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, including telecommunication networks and devices, the Internet of Things, virtual reality, digital health, big data analytics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, enterprise digitalization, and internet business models. He has held senior business roles leading major Nokia accounts and various business units and regions. He has rich business experience working across a range of functions including strategy, mergers and acquisitions, product marketing, sales, account leadership, and regional and business unit leadership. As a successful global leader, he has lived in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Europe.
With broad global experience, Rajeev is a commissioner of the United Nations Broadband Commission, as well as a member of the Digital Communications Industry steering committee and the stewardship board of the Health and Healthcare System Initiative at the World Economic Forum.
Rajeev holds a bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronics and Communications) from Manipal Institute of Technology, India. Rajeev was born in India in 1967, went on to become a Singaporean citizen, and is based in Espoo, Finland.
- CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks (previously Nokia Siemens Networks) 2009-2014
- Head of Services, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007-2009
- Head of Asia Pacific, Nokia Siemens Networks April 2007 - August 2007
- Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific, Nokia Networks 2005-2007
- Vice President, Hutchison Customer Business Team, Nokia Networks 2004-2005
- General Manager, Business Development, Asia Pacific, Nokia Networks 2003
- Sales Director - BT, O2, and Hutchison Global Customers, Nokia Networks 2002
- Director, Technology and Applications, BT Global Customer, Nokia Networks 2000-2001
- Head of Global Competitive Intelligence, Nokia Networks 1999-2000
- Head of Product Competence Center, South Asia, Nokia Networks 1997-1999
- System Marketing Manager, Cellular Transmission, India, Nokia Networks 1995-1997
- Head of Group Procurement, Imports/Special Projects, Churchgate Group, Nigeria 1993-1995
- National Account Manager, Strategic Planning, ICL India (ICIM) 1990-1993
- Production Engineer, Calcom Electronics 1989
Member of the Board of Directors, Stryker Corporation
Commissioner of the United Nations Broadband Commission.
Member of the Digital Communications Industry steering committee and the stewardship board of the Health and Healthcare System Initiative at the World Economic Forum.
Named Finland's "Business Leader of the Year 2017" by Kauppalehti.
Included in the "2016 All-Europe Executive Team - Best CEOs" by Institutional Investor.
Recipient of the Marco Polo Award in China in recognition of Nokia's friendship with China.
Holds an honorary doctorate from Manipal University, India.