Travel at the speed of life
Mainline and metro transit railways provide reliable, safe, on-time, journeys for millions of people and products every day - playing a critical role in our communities and our economies. Now, with a transformed, digital railway, you can deliver new and fully connected rail experiences. With a reliable, secure communications network at work for you, you can benefit from new levels of “connectedness” and automation – while reducing costs, improving efficiency and enhancing overall service. With powerful communications, you can achieve the full opportunities of industrial IoT and advanced analytics – helping you predictively maintain your operations, intelligently manage assets and automate intelligence. Discover how Nokia can help you transform your digital railway and see what it means to travel at the speed of life.
Nokia Bell Labs Future X for industries architecture
The Future X architecture harnesses technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things, edge computing, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and high-performance networking - including 5G - to drive dramatic productivity improvements across a wide range of industrial sectors.
With the Future X architecture for railways, you can begin a digital transformation that leads to lower operational costs, faster time to delivery for freight and a better customer experience for your passengers.
- Connect people, sensors, trains, video monitors and automated train control systems with the highest security and reliability
- Get the fast response times you need to support safety equipment, next-generation signaling, IoT applications and video analytics
- Increase network capacity where it's needed to address passenger surges, rush-hour congestion or high demand for on-board connectivity
- Use data processing and analytics systems to boost efficiency or enable new services
- Create value with open platforms that can apply analytics, operational systems and automation to any rail application
Discover our solutions for the railway industry
IoT and Analytics
Discover how to use the latest IoT and analytics innovations to maintain railways predictively, automate remote stations, improve safety and agility and more
Applied railway solutions for IoT and analytics
See how the power of machine learning analytics can enhance the full range of your operations and keep your business in motion
Optimize site surveillance, security and maintenance with real- time video analytics that detect problems and anomalous activities