Cloud mobile gateway
Get the flexibility, scale, and performance you need for enhanced broadband, IoT/MTC, and future 5G services
The Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway performs gateway and related functions within the packet core. It is built to help you address the growth of enhanced broadband and deliver new Internet of Things (IoT), machine-type communications (MTC), and 5G services.
With the Cloud Mobile Gateway, you get the flexibility, scale, capacity, and performance you need to support more users, devices, and services over licensed, unlicensed, or shared wireless and fixed access.
Our cloud-native software design supports control/user plane separation (CUPS) architecture, software disaggregation, and state-efficient processing. It also provides a common data layer that improves resource utilization for network functions virtualization (NFV) and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Cloud Mobile Gateway supports a wide range of mobile gateway functions:
- Serving Gateway (SGW)
- Packet Data Network Gateway/Gateway GPRS Support Node (PGW/GGSN)
- Home Agent (HA) for 3GPP2 cellular access
- User Plane Forwarding Function (UPF)
- Network Function Repository Function (NRF)
- Network Slice Selection Function (NSSF)
- Non-3GPP Interworking Function (N3IWF)
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG) for non-3GPP (Wi-Fi) untrusted access
- Trusted Wireless Access Gateway (TWAG) for non-3GPP (Wi-Fi) trusted access
- Subscriber Services Gateway (SSG):
- Enhanced Traffic Detection Function (TDF) and application awareness for value-added, high-touch services
- Hybrid Access Gateway (HAG) for converged service delivery across wireless and fixed access
You can deploy the Cloud Mobile Gateway on pre-integrated and modular server-based appliances or cloud-native virtualized network functions (VNFs). You can also combine the Cloud Mobile Gateway with our industry-leading PNF mobile gateways to deliver high packet processing and user plane forwarding performance for high-speed services.
All the Cloud Mobile Gateway deployment options share a common network management system with the Nokia packet core functions. This allows you to right-size your deployment to address diverse service requirements and economics.
The Cloud Mobile Gateway enables the evolution to a 5G Core by supporting both non-standalone and standalone deployment options and a services-based architecture. It allows you to allocate network resources to a specific service type or enterprise through dedicated core and network slicing capabilities.
- Cloud Mobile Gateway CUPS demonstration (short)
- Enhanced User Experience with Cloud Mobile Gateway TCP Optimization
- Enhancing service experience with Cloud Mobile GW and CUPS
- Concurrent service delivery across wireless and fixed connectivity with hybrid access
- Delivering services with agility using the Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway