Nokia Border Gateway Protocol for Internet Routing
Course number: 3FL30634AAAAZZZZA
Course duration: 4 days
Price: $3,125 US
The Nokia Border Gateway Protocol for Internet Routing course provides an in-depth look at border gateway protocol (BGP), the Internet’s backbone routing protocol, with a step-by-step analysis of its components and operation. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have an excellent understanding of the theory and configuration of BGP. All use cases and lab exercises are based on the model-driven command-line interface (MD-CLI).
Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA)
Master the knowledge and skills to design and support high performing Nokia Service Router networks.
If you have already received an IP certification from Cisco or Juniper, and your certification is still valid, you may be eligible to receive credit towards prerequisite written exams in the Nokia Service Routing Certification program.
To find out which third-party certifications are eligible for credit, which SRC exam exemptions you may be qualified to receive, and instructions on how to request an exemption, please visit the Credit for Other IP Certifications page. Please note that your third-party certification must be current/active to receive credit.
Can’t attend the instructor-led training? Get access to the same course materials you would receive in class and add (optional) remote lab access to complete the lab exercises from the lab guide included with the course materials.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the basic Internet Architecture and related elements
- Describe the role of BGP in service provider networks
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of BGP mechanics and the role of BGP attributes
- Explain the interaction between BGP and interior gateway protocol (IGP)
- Plan and implement a basic BGP network using Nokia SR OS
- Successfully configure, monitor, and troubleshoot a network of multiple BGP peers
- Implement BGP policies in a Nokia environment
- Verify and troubleshoot the results of the policies configurations
- Scale iBGP by deploying confederations or route reflections
- Configure and verify BGP confederations
- Configure and verify BGP route reflections
- Describe the effect of using advertise-external feature on BGP route propagation
- Explain BGP add-paths feature
- Describe the operation of BGP fast reroute
- Configure and verify BGP advertise-external, add-paths, and FRR on Nokia SR
- Module 1 – Inter-domain routing and BGP overview
- Module 2 – Implementing BGP in a Nokia environment
- Module 3 – Implementing policy in a Nokia environment
- Module 4 – Scaling iBGP
- Module 5 – Advanced BGP features
- Module 6 – Summary