Chief Legal Officer (CLO)
Nassib has been Nokia’s Chief Legal Officer since August 2019 with responsibility for all legal and compliance matters of the Nokia Group.
He joined Nokia in September 2014 as head of Legal & Compliance for the MEA region, later becoming General Counsel for Customer Operations and Deputy Chief Legal Officer, Business. Following the announcement of the acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent by Nokia, Nassib led the compliance integration planning work, developing and implementing the initial combined company’s compliance program.
Before joining Nokia, Nassib was Head of Public Policy for EMEA and General Counsel for MEA at Yahoo! He also held roles at GE Oil & Gas, Etisalat and TMF Netherlands.
An admitted lawyer at the Ontario Bar and in England, Nassib holds a BA in Political Sciences and Civil Law (LL.L.) and Common Law (LL.B.) and Master of Law (LL.M) degrees from the University of Ottawa, the latter including a year’s study of European law at the Université de Louvain la Neuve in Belgium.
In addition to his legal work, Nassib is an outspoken advocate for equity, inclusion and diversity, working closely with Nokia’s LGBT+ employee resource group, EQUAL! An out leader himself, he took part in the launch of the OUT Leaders program as Nokia’s first out leader. Later he co-developed a broader OUT Leaders program focusing on the development and visibility of out leaders throughout the organization. Under Nassib’s leadership, Nokia’s legal department launched its equity, inclusion and diversity scorecard aiming at advancing equity, inclusion and diversity in the legal profession.
Nassib works at Nokia headquarters in Espoo. Nassib was born in Lebanon and worked in Canada, The Netherlands, Qatar and the UAE.
Nassib joined the Board of the Global Legal Entity Foundation (GLEIF) in August 2021. He is vice-chair of the Governance Committee and a member of the Risk Committee.
In his spare time, he enjoys contemporary art, classical music including opera, and hiking in the countryside, particularly in the Alps.
- Deputy CLO, Business, Nokia, 2019
- General Counsel, Customer Operations, Nokia, 2016–2019
- Head of Legal & compliance, MEA, Nokia 2014–2015
- Head of Public Policy, MEA & General Counsel, MEA, Yahoo! 2010– 2014
- Regional Counsel, Middle East & Africa and India, GE Oil & Gas, 2007–2010
- Regulatory Counsel, Etisalat, 2006–2007
- Various legal counsel roles, TMF Netherlands, 2002–2006
- Legal articling, Fasken Martineau, 1999–2001
Current positions of trust:
- Vice Chair of the Governance Committee and Member of the Risk Committee, Global Legal Entity Foundation (GLEIF)