Local 5G Lab-as-a-Service (LaaS) Japan
Pushing the boundaries of Local 5G
The Nokia Local 5G Lab is a center which allows enterprises, communications service providers (CSPs), and infrastructure providers to closely learn and understand the vast potential of Local 5G technology in unlocking new values and better serve their customers. The Nokia Local 5G Lab is located in Nokia Japan’s Advanced Technology Center (ATC) and also offers Lab as a Service (LaaS), ensuring easy access to the state-of-the-art infrastructure and testing services and validation of devices, applications, and solutions.
Established: May 12, 2022
Location: 41F Roppongi Hills Mori Tower 6-10-1 Roppongi Minato-Ku, 106-6141 Japan
Facts and figures
- Nokia is licensed to transmit Sub6 (n79) 4.6-4.9 GHz in the Local 5G Lab
- Equipped with both Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) and Modular Private Wireless (MPW) solutions to show our campus private wireless solutions
- Ready to demonstrate Nokia in-house campus wireless applications in Mission Critical-Push to X, Team Communications, and Artificial Intelligence-enabled video analytics solutions
- A facility to test different radio distribution solutions, e.g. Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and active antennas
- Ready to perform Internet of Things (IoT) testing with partners’ applications and User Equipment’s (UE)
- Showcase various radio deployment scenarios with different pole-mounted approaches for different antenna types
Technology & solutions
Nokia ATC is well equipped with advanced and innovative technology and solutions, allowing our partners and customers to demonstrate use cases, jointly develop solutions, and conduct research innovation to test various applications using actual equipment and simulate the real usage environment to help them discover how the technology will perform in a real-world scenario.
Nokia's new generation AirScale baseband, remote radio heads and massive MIMO antennas deliver the highest capacity and network performance, while enabling efficient deployment and operation. Powered by the latest generation of Nokia’s ReefShark System-on-Chip (SoC), the new AirScale products ensure that 5G networks smoothly scale to meet the massive capacity necessary to support more immersive user experiences and advanced 5G use-cases.
Nokia IP networks portfolio lets users combine massive capacity with unmatched performance, security and efficiency. It is powered by breakthrough silicon and software innovations, along with intent-based network automation.
With Nokia products and solutions, users can build an IP network that accelerates time to market, reduces operating expenses and drives sustainable growth.
5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) is the perfect complement to customer’s mobile offering bringing new revenues and opening the door to new value-added services for homes and businesses. With FWA, you can get fiber-like broadband to customers wherever you have mobile spectrum. Plug gaps in coverage area, increase service levels in rural areas, or compete out of territory.
Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) is a high-performance, end-to-end private wireless networking and edge computing platform. Offered as a service, it lets customers combine plug-and-play 4G and 5G connectivity with on-premises data management and processing to support real-time applications for smart manufacturing, predictive maintenance and remote operations.
Ready to visit?
The Local 5G LaaS is ready for partners. Please contact your local Nokia Japan sales representative for details.