The Nokia 7730 Service Interconnect Router (SXR) family provides next-generation IP access, aggregation and edge platforms that make it easy to deliver secure, assured and sustainable IP networking services.
Designed for communications service providers (CSPs) and mission-critical enterprises, 7730 SXR platforms can help you boost performance and capability in advanced IP access and aggregation networks. In distributed IP edge locations, they can help you more efficiently meet the demand driven by broadband investments and evolving cloud network architectures. For mission critical services, the 7730 SXR brings a new level of deterministic performance and resiliency to the furthest reaches of your network.
Enjoy the benefits of advanced routing silicon
At the heart of the 7730 SXR is the Nokia FPcx network processing unit (NPU). In-house designed and fully programmable, the FPcx brings the values of our high-performance and feature-rich FP silicon into a compact and extensible package.
With network security features such as in-line filtering for DDoS mitigation and advanced line-rate encryption, you can rest assured you will have the tools to protect your network and the services running on top of it. A unique multi-core cluster design opens up new ways to streamline software upgrades without network downtime. Advanced QoS, queueing and a hierarchical memory design ensure that your IP packets will get where they need to go when they are supposed to get there.
With a fully programmable NPU, you can accommodate new services and standards as they emerge without having to rebuild your network.
Unlock a new era of NetOps with SR Linux on the 7730 SXR
As networks become more complex, network automation becomes an increasingly critical approach to streamlining network operations. 7730 SXR platforms are built for automation from the ground up, leveraging the Nokia SR Linux network operating system (NOS), which embraces cloud-native design principles, and the Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP) automation suite.
Benefit from automation at scale with a modular model-driven architecture, telemetry at unprecedented granularity and unified service automation and network optimization across IP, MPLS, Ethernet and optical transport layers.
Enjoy resilient networking and hitless per-application software upgrades enabled by the microservices-based, state-efficient design of SR Linux.
Be ready for the future with the unmatched extensibility of SR Linux, enabled by its open design and application development platform.
Add efficiency into your IP network design
With four fixed form-factor and two modular platform variants, and support for high-density interface speeds ranging from 1GE to 400GE, you are sure to find the right 7730 SXR platform to efficiently meet your IP access, aggregation or small edge needs.
7730 SXR benefits and features
Assured and efficient performance
- Deliver assured IP services with a network processor design that supports deterministic performance, 7-level hierarchical QoS and 256K queues.
- Ensure consistent service levels across your network with a robust and reliable NOS that leverages field-hardened SR OS protocol stacks and IP networking applications.
- Drive energy efficiency through right-sized platforms, support for SFP-DD optics and 112G SerDes technology.
- Deliver more IP services and visibility with superior scalability for counters, services, tunnels, queues, policers and tables.
- Enhance IP network security with in-line support for DDoS mitigation.
- Secure IP services through MACsec/ANYsec line-rate encryption with no impact on performance.
Advanced timing and synchronization
- Meet stringent synchronization demands with highly accurate timing enabled by integrated dual-band Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers.
- Support time-sensitive packet transport and fronthaul networks with a Class C-based Telecom Boundary Clock.
Right-size scale for efficient network designs
- Bring more capability to the furthest reaches of your IP network with platforms that support 3.6 Tb/s to 5.6 Tb/s of system capacity.
- Support interface speeds from 1GE to 400GE with comprehensive breakout capabilities.
- Introduce coherent routing applications with platforms that support digital coherent optics (DCOs).
NetOps building blocks
- Streamline IP network operations with a Linux-based NOS that supports cloud-native design approaches with a modular, microservices, state-sharing architecture.
- Customize your network with our NetOps Development Kit (NDK) and programmable Python-based CLI.
Built for automation at scale
- Automate IP network operations at scale with model-driven management, full YANG coverage and comprehensive telemetry with granular counters on all key metrics.
- Leverage unmatched traffic control and optimization, network and service assurance, and transport and service provisioning with the Network Services Platform (NSP).
What analysts are saying
Disrupting and Innovation for Access and Aggregation
One of the key announcements from Nokia’s 2023 SReXperts Americas event was the new 7730 Service Interconnect Routers (SXR) and FPcx routing silicon. Grant Lenahan takes a look at the specs, explains the positioning and significance of these new offerings – and why they represent both a continuation of Nokia’s technical lineage, as well as a disruptive market innovation.
Related solutions and products
Build application-optimized IP-optical networks using coherent optics
Accelerate 5G and broadband growth with scalable mobile backhaul and fronthaul
7750 Service Router
Leads the industry in IP edge and core
Nokia FPcx routing silicon
5G transport: Spotlight on RAN centralization (Heavy Reading)
Service provider views on transport slicing and packet fronthaul (Heavy Reading)
Network Synchronization for a 5G World
5G network synchronization: Timing is everything
Anyhaul network fabric gives maximum flexibility
Read our IP Anyhaul blogs
Be Unstoppable on the path to 5G
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...