Integrated packet transport (IPT)
Leveraging the feature-rich 1830 PSS and the power of SR-OS for fully managed end-to-end Layer 2 transport
Reduce total cost of ownership, differentiate your services, and maximize return on investment with Integrated Packet Transport, now offered on our scalable 1830 Photonic Service Switch.
To meet demand for superior Ethernet-based cloud, mobile, and video services, you need a packet-optimized metro DWDM core that provides efficient and versatile traffic aggregation.
Our Integrated Packet Transport solution keeps you ahead of the demand curve. It delivers the capacity, flexibility, and packet feature richness you need to handle unrelenting traffic growth.
More efficient, versatile, and reliable Layer 2 transport
Our solution gives you comprehensive and optimized packet transport. It lets you leverage the power and value of our Service Router Operating System (SR OS) and multiservice 1830 Photonic Service Switch WDM transport platforms.
We make it easy to integrate the solution into a fully managed end-to-end Layer 2 transport architecture. The solution uses a common service, operation, and management model from core to aggregation and to the customer edge.
The solution is based on scalable packet-optimized WDM. With it, you can evolve to a converged metro aggregation network that cost effectively delivers multiple services.
- Operational efficiency
- Network consolidation and optimization
- Bandwidth efficiency
- Optimal CE transport from LAN to MAN to WAN
- One scalable, multi-reach photonic platform for all services
- Multiple packet interconnect, service, and application options
- Proven and reliable SR OS
- Carrier-grade Ethernet with advanced networking features
- Resiliency excellence with 50 ms protection switching
- MEF CE 2.0 certified
Benefits and features
Boost efficiency, versatility, and reliability from access to core, across multiple services
- Carrier-grade L2 transport, switching, and networking, plus Optical Transport Network (OTN) aggregation
- Operational efficiency enabled by the comprehensive Ethernet switching capabilities of our SR OS
- A consistent operational model for Ethernet services across our optical transport and Ethernet/IP/MPLS solutions
Converged and scalable
- A converged and scalable platform that optimizes your network
- WDM resilience enabled by advanced carrier-grade Ethernet networking features
- One platform that can support all services
IPTV and residential video distribution
Meet growing bandwidth needs spurred by the transition from DSL to GPON with a consolidated network that extends to support multiple services.
Business Ethernet access
Deliver point-to-point and multi-point services on demand with a scalable, versatile, and reliable packet transport solution.
Wholesale Ethernet access
Assure resilient and SLA-based service delivery across external domains and networks. Support interconnection with industry-standard MEF E-NNI capabilities.
Optical Ethernet Anyhaul
Deliver a wide range of resilient optical Ethernet services in support of mobile anyhaul (fronthaul, midhaul, backhaul) applications combining the scalability of 100G packet aggregation and coherent DWDM with deterministic, ultra-low latency performance and industry leading time/phase synchronization distribution via 1588v2 PTP enabled nodes.
Services for enterprises and verticals
Support high-capacity data center connectivity and enable scalable, secure, flexible and predictable service performance for mission-critical applications.
Generate new revenue by providing on-demand, bursty, and dynamic cloud-based services. Support these services with flexible service provisioning and configuration, class-of-service differentiation, encrypted security, and reliability.
Integrated Packet Transport solution components
1830 PSS Integrated Packet Transport cards
Our Integrated Packet Transport cards expand the capabilities of our 1830 Photonic Service Switch. They introduce a new generation of streamlined packet-optical transport solutions that span the access and core networks.
This converged packet and OTN/WDM approach provides a comprehensive and efficient solution providing the following benefits:
- Unified management of packet and optical systems
- Efficient bandwidth utilization via combined statistical and OTN multiplexing
- End-to-end multi-layer provisioning
- Best-in-class optics
- Transport-grade resiliency
The 1830 PSS is easily integrated into an optimal, fully managed packet solution—with a common service, operations and management model—from core to aggregation to customer edge. In sum, Integrated Packet Transport drives lower TCO, differentiated services and maximum ROI.
Related solutions and products
Secure Optical Transport
Secure data from intrusion and theft though quantum-safe encryption, key management and intrusion detection
1830 Photonic Service Switch
Scalable optimized end-to-end optical transport solutions for metro, regional and long-haul networks
1830 PSS-x P-OTN Switching
Scalable and efficient P-OTN switching for multi-protocol wholesale services