Network services platform
Automate, manage and control IP and optical networks
Our Network Services Platform (NSP) helps you automate your IP and optical networks to simplify your operations, respond quickly to fast-changing demand, get the most from your resources and ensure maximum service performance and reliability.
NSP answers your need for more responsive, efficient and reliable IP networks with:
- A complete suite of ready-to-use applications that help your network operations teams cover all use cases for network management and control
- An SDN resource controller that lets your network engineering teams control the network and optimize traffic in real time
- An open programmable platform that enables your engineers and developers to automate network operations and ease integration with orchestrators and operations support systems (OSS)
Deepfield and NSP: Powering intelligent network services with real-time, insight-driven automated networking
Network automation and programmability
Looking to transform your operational practices with automated workflows? Quickly get up to speed on programmability? Deploy dynamic networks that can respond to changing demand with minimal human intervention? Read this application note to learn more.
Our insight-driven networking approach lets you automate your IP and optical networks to make them more agile, reliable and secure. Discover our comprehensive solutions.
Our developer portal gets you started by providing documented APIs, code snippets, tutorials, virtual labs and more. Join our community of world-class innovators and programmers.
NSP Launchpad – various applications
NSP Service Fulfillment – physical topology with resource overlay
NSP Workflow Manager – flow execution visualization
NSP Cross Domain Coordinator – physical IP/optical topology
NSP IP/MPLS Optimization – network info and statistics
NSP Ingress Peer Optimizer – ingress links
NSP Latency Steering Optimizer – latency map
NSP Incident Advisor – event timeline
NSP Incident Advisor – incident details
Awards and recognition
MEF18 – Carrier Ethernet / IP Technology Solution award for Nokia insight-driven IP networking (Nokia NSP+Deepfield+FP-4)
2016 Leading Lights – Most Innovative SDN Product Strategy award for Nokia NSP WAN SDN Controller
GlobalData – Reports Nokia NSP as “Leader” in Deployment Readiness and Solution Breadth in WAN SDN Controller: Competitive Assessment
ACG – Reports Nokia NSP as a Global Market Share Leader in SP Multilayer Software Defined Network (SDN)
ROI for flexible bandwidth services
Less time and cost for on-demand service provisioning
More revenue-generating traffic on existing network
"In order for SDN to mean we can really improve our customer experience and impact our network economics, we need approaches that consider the real-time state of the network and relate it to the requirements of the service we provide. Doing so allows us to assure performance, and optimise resource usage across all our network layers. Tightly coupling service requirements and performance with network control, as in NSP, promises to deliver real-world benefits of centralised optimisation whilst exploiting the strength of our existing distributed network."
"We applaud NOKIA's initiatives to bring closed-loop automation to networks, and to help apply these modern methods to the large installed base of technology - achieving business transformation even ahead of underlying technology transformation"
Nokia confirms 42 commercial 5G deals across the globe
BT among first to deploy Nokia 7750 SR-s platform as it increases capacity to handle massive traffic growth from FTTP and 5G
Nokia and Saudi Telecom Co. (STC) sign deal for 5G network launch and early rollout of services
Mobily selects Nokia to modernize its IP and transport networks
- Network automation and programmability: Using the Nokia NSP for intent-based networking (IBN)
- Programmability for network automation: Supporting modern workflows while evolving to an intent-based networking system and DevOps
- A unified approach to the automation, control and assurance of IP/optical networks
- Carrier SDN-enabled Dynamic Enterprise Services
- Deploying SDN for operational efficiency and service velocity in IP/optical networks