Network services platform
Management and SDN control for automation, optimization and assurance of IP/optical networks
The Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP) provides automation to deliver transport services faster, SDN control to optimize network utilization and traffic engineering, as well as dynamic assurance for operating the network with maximum performance and reliability.
NSP brings more efficiency across multi-vendor IP/MPLS, Ethernet and optical networks, whether virtualized or physical – this lowers operating costs and enables services to be delivered to market faster.
- Break-down organizational barriers through a unified platform for multiple network domains and technologies
- Leverage past investments and secure future evolution with a flexible and modular approach that matches your needs
- Enable fine-grain programmability and workflow management for improved operations and easy integration with existing systems and processes
- Reduce pressure on expert network engineering staff and specialized networking tools with quicker, simplified operational procedures
Deepfield + NSP: Powering intelligent network services with real-time, insight-driven automated networking
Awards and Recognition
MEF18 – Carrier Ethernet / IP Technology Solution award for Nokia insight-driven IP networking (Nokia NSP+Deepfield+FP-4)
2016 Leading Lights – Most Innovative SDN Product Strategy award for Nokia NSP WAN SDN Controller
GlobalData – Reports Nokia NSP as “Leader” in Deployment Readiness and Solution Breadth in WAN SDN Controller: Competitive Assessment
ACG – Reports Nokia NSP as a Global Market Share Leader in SP Multilayer Software Defined Network (SDN)
ROI for flexible bandwidth services
Less time and cost for on-demand service provisioning
More revenue-generating traffic on existing network
"In order for SDN to mean we can really improve our customer experience and impact our network economics, we need approaches that consider the real-time state of the network and relate it to the requirements of the service we provide. Doing so allows us to assure performance, and optimise resource usage across all our network layers. Tightly coupling service requirements and performance with network control, as in NSP, promises to deliver real-world benefits of centralised optimisation whilst exploiting the strength of our existing distributed network."
"We applaud NOKIA's initiatives to bring closed-loop automation to networks, and to help apply these modern methods to the large installed base of technology - achieving business transformation even ahead of underlying technology transformation"
Mobily selects Nokia to modernize its IP and transport networks
Nokia to provide Telenor with optical backbone in Norway and Sweden
Nokia to supply mission-critical communications network to the County of Fresno, California to enhance public safety
Nokia catalyzes the next chapter of the internet; innovations deliver massive performance and heightened security needed for cloud and machine era
NOKIA and Skyguide modernize the mission-critical network supporting Switzerland's air traffic control system
- Nokia provides LG CNS with a mission-critical communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia's first mass rapid transit line
- Nokia supplies Xiaomi with high-speed fiber optic network to interconnect its data centers and create a 'private cloud'
- Nokia and Three UK to deploy world's first next-generation cloud native core network
- Nokia completes acquisition of Deepfield
- Nokia to acquire Deepfield to power network and service automation with real-time, big data analytics
- Nokia enables Globe Telecom's move to Cloud and IoT-ready networks using 4.5G Pro, Carrier SDN, IP and Optical technologies
- Nokia brings assurance to carrier SDN, enabling successful large-scale commercial rollouts of SDN-based network services
Related blog posts
- Light Reading: Protecting the Web-Scale Content User Experience in Real Time
- Using SDN in Multi-Layer Networks Adds Efficiency and Reliability
- Telecom Review: Securing your network against DDoS attacks in the age of cloud and IoT
- Telecom Review: Maximizing Reliability With Dynamic Assurance, Analytics and Network Automation
- Taking OTT Application Experience Up a Notch with Insight - driven Network Control
- Winning in the Era of Cloud and IoT with Insight-driven SDN
- Nokia’s Software is Key to Insight-Driven Automated Networking
- [Appledore Research Group blog] Nokia FP4 Launch Packet Processing can be about more than “speeds and feeds”
- The case for service assurance in carrier SDN
- Assuring SDN for the real world
- Path computation for IP network optimization
- Glitz, glamour and Carrier SDN
- Carrier SDN: Creating networks as agile as the cloud
Improve your network performance and security and optimize the customer experience in the cloud and IoT era
Our IP Networks portfolio lets you combine massive capacity with tremendous capability
Build a network that delivers business-driven bandwidth
Transform your optical network for greater business success
Insight-driven IP networking
Make your IP network more responsive, secure, and efficient
Make your network and business unstoppable with bigger, smarter, safer, automated networking at webscale.
Virtual Networks Orchestration
Nokia and Nuage Networks together enable network providers to maximize total network ROI and increase average revenue per branch through virtual networks orchestration across the WAN, SD-WAN, and datacenter.